Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a set of slick trick grizz trick 2's from lancaster and shot them at 20, 30 and 40 yards and at 30 and 40 yards they were 6" low and 1" right and my g5 montecs and muzzys shoot true and hit bullseye like my fioeld points. am i the only one who had them fly that bad out of a greatly tuned bow? p.s. im looking to sell them or trade them for some g5 montecs if anyone wants them one blade is dinnged from something in the target i guess but 2 are brand new pm me if interested

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
either do the bh tuning mentioned, or stick with the muzzy's. Too close to the season to be messing with what works.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exatly i had awesome luck with my g5 montecs and just for giggles checked a 3 blade muzzy at hit same spot as the montec i ended up putting the last 2 montecs and 2 muzzys i had on my hunting arrows

·
Registered
11,796 Posts
oh man don't tell me that. i guess i got to find some time to try and shoot mine. i can barely find time to shoot the field points. how far were they off at 30 ?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Mine did it at first then i made sure to line up two blades with two vanes and no problems.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I tried switching from expandables to Slick Tricks two years ago and I couldn't get the slick tricks to fly like field tips at all distances. First of all, this bow was tuned perfectly, so that is of no concern. At 20 yards they were dead on, at 30 way high, and so on. I would love to get back to a fixed blade broadhead, however, I can't seem to find one that is reliable for now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had exactly the opposite situation. I tried 125g Montec's and Hell razers. Both did not fly with the field points (maybe operator error). Tried Slick Tricks and they fly exactly like the field points. Made no adjustment to the bow. All good out to 50 as long as I do my part. Maybe ST's are just more forgiving. PM to OP on the way.

·
Registered
15,825 Posts
I have never seen any trick(reg,mag,GT.GT2's) shoot differently from my fp's. And thats only paper tuning and sighting in. Never had to bh tune. I must be lucky because I've done this with 7 different bows. Stick with what works...

Norm

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I bareshaft tune and I've never had to bump my rest more than a hair at most to get any SlickTrick to hit with field points. That includes GrizzTrick 125's, my fav head.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I myself had a little difference in flight over the field points with the slick tricks. I then fletched up an arrow with a little offset on the blazer vanes and then the fp's and bh's were impacting at the same point. Matter of fact, I shot a fp and then a bh right behind it at 30 yds and destroyed the nock. You guys that have "tuned bows" but bad flight with Slick Tricks may want to try something like this before fiddling with the setup. All mine seemed to need was a little more spin.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i was blown away at 30 they were like 5" low but at 20 30 40 my 3 blade muzzys and montec hit bulls eye everytime and these were consistantly way off

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
oh man don't tell me that. i guess i got to find some time to try and shoot mine. i can barely find time to shoot the field points. how far were they off at 30 ?
Do yourself a favor and dont hunt with them before you make time to shoot them out of your setup... They may fly like FP but may fly off. Ive herad the grizz tricks can take a little tuning. but havent shot them myself. the tricks i have got to setup in 8-9 different bows for friends and myself over the last 7 years.

And a 4" Vanes with helical does wonders... Get those Blazers off your arrows with Fixed heads even though they work "SOMETIMES"..

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was amazed after reading all good stuff and my bow is tuned great i was in awe but thats ok seem like great heads just didnt work for me ill stick with my g5 montecs just didnt know if i was the only one they didnt work for

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
If you can't get them to fly don't use them, it's simple as that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
i couldnt get mags to fly straight always hit high and right and i know it isnt my bow because i shoot buzzcuts and reapers right with field points out to 30 yards which is my max killing yardage anyway. i am hunting with reapers this year because they give me a bigger cut and will have plenty of penetration to put anything i shoot at down.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts