Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Z7 last week and 8 days after buying it the string came off in mid-draw. I noticed that the string was gradually twisting after a few days. It had mad a couple of complete turns as my peep tubing was twisted up with it. This is my first "new" bow. Is the twisting normal?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Z7

After shooting mine for a month one of the string stoppers by the cam snapped. Matthews replaced both with a heavier one. Only other complaint the paint around the grip is worn. Even though I shoot everyday it shouldn't be worn out. I was told this is and issue with Camo. If I had to do it again camo limbs with black riser.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
13,804 Posts
I just bought a new Z7 last week and 8 days after buying it the string came off in mid-draw. I noticed that the string was gradually twisting after a few days. It had mad a couple of complete turns as my peep tubing was twisted up with it. This is my first "new" bow. Is the twisting normal?
No, that is not normal to have twisting. Actually, it is probably the string stretching. It will usually take 100+ shots to settle the string. My shop brings the bow back into specs after 500 shots.

If you had a derail, I would have the shop look at it. Other than the first run of string suppressors being too thin and breaking, the bow has been pretty solid. They're a great shooter also!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The only problem that I have had is that my top cable strings are slightly twisted. I was told this really doesn't affect anything...?

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Give it a rest!!!! A guy asks a simple question and you bashers show up like flies at a picnic. Ok, so you don't like Mathews; go shoot what you like and leave the rest of us alone.

Automan

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Give it a rest!!!! A guy asks a simple question and you bashers show up like flies at a picnic. Ok, so you don't like Mathews; go shoot what you like and leave the rest of us alone.

Automan
I agree, they are annoying as hell.If I was admin., they would be banned for slamming a paid sponser of this sight every chance they get.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the goal of every manufacture to advertise and promote it's product as the best?:confused: Personally, I've never seen a commercial for a product that claimed to be the second or third best.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,562 Posts
Only problem I have is that I can't stop shooting it! I really enjoy this bow.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the goal of every manufacture to advertise and promote it's product as the best?:confused: Personally, I've never seen a commercial for a product that claimed to be the second or third best.
thats awsome

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Many years ago, AVIS car rental had an ad slogan that said, "When you're number 2, you have to try harder." At that time, HERTZ was number 1 and AVIS took advantage of not being the top dog, in order to convince people that they were better than HERTZ because they had to try harder. I guess it worked because I think that the former #2 is now #1.

Automan

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Usually a string will stretch around a half turn when you get a brand new bow, if it is making more than that you might have a broken strand in your string, you need to have it checked out.

·
SuperToon'd
11,673 Posts
After all the issues your "Recall" company has had and is having I would keep my mouth shut. All bow companies have issues from time to time but bowtech has enough for every other company on the planet combined. Not a good idea to throw stones when you live in a glass house that is subject to a recall at any moment.............HD

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
I am on my way to the local shop here in the next few minutes to choose a new bow. On the short list is the Z7, M7, Alpha Burner, or possibly a Quest (Michigan company, I like the idea of supporting locals...) Notice there are NO Bowtech's? You couldn't give me another one. After my Tribby and Allegience, have they actually made a decent bow?

·
Recovering hunting addict
7,734 Posts
I am on my way to the local shop here in the next few minutes to choose a new bow. On the short list is the Z7, M7, Alpha Burner, or possibly a Quest (Michigan company, I like the idea of supporting locals...) Notice there are NO Bowtech's? You couldn't give me another one. After my Tribby and Allegience, have they actually made a decent bow?
Sure - which ones haven't been decent?

·
Registered
10,472 Posts
I think the Guardian was Bowtech's best bow of late...now that was a great bow, every bit as nice as the Alley and Tribby, and I really like it better. But the bows since the Guardian I have not cared for, kinda like the Hoyts after the Katera, and the Mathews from the Drenalin to the Z7. To me, and probably to every individual, every bow company goes through cycles were they do not really offer a bow that suits the individual person, but might be great for others. I know I did not like the Reezens but the Z is nice!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts