Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on using this mech head this fall.
Bought 6 and tuned them and they shoot awesome. Spot on; Right with my field tips out to 40 yards.
(Did not practice beyond that since I dont shoot that far on live game.........normally. LOL)

Just wondering who else is using them and what kind of success/damage your getting?
Pics would be a plus.
Thanks!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I shot an 8 point last year with this head. He was at 4 yds with a slight quarter from 20' up. He went 40 yds and piled up. These heads fly great dead on with my field points.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Bought some two years ago to try out.

Shot a big doe at 20 yards, she went another 20 and down.

Entrance hole was the same diameter as a completely opened Tekan. Took out two ribs and buried deep into the ground. The head worked great. If I desired to use mechanicals, this head would probably get the nod.:)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I picked up the Tekans to use this season as well. They fly as true as my field tips in all the practice that I have done, but I won't have a chance to try them on a deer till the Kansas opener (1 Oct).

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Worked Awesome for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shot my caribou at 42 or 43 yards.Hit him right behind the shoulder (quartering towards me) and went completely through and came out in front of the hind-quarter.He ran about 500 yards downhill and collapsed at full speed.You can still see the arrow in the picture if you look closely.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts