Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a Radarchron chronograph. Before I do I wanted to find out who else has one or has used on. I want to find out how accurate it is and if there are any problems with it. This is the the unit that attaches to the stabilizer bushing.
Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
my bad BOWMAN...

...I brought up an article about chrono's...but after I read your WHOLE post I see you want the "stabilizer hole" kind...Sorry!!:( ...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
74,535 Posts
HV

I bought one and found it to not be accurate. I sold it about a month after I had it. I use Pro Chrono now. Good for the price.

D

·
0 Posts
although...

...I think *WK* uses one...not sure if it's the same model :confused: ...

>>>---DD--->

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's the most inconsistent chrono that I've ever used. The speed numbers are all over the place with no rhyme or reason ... :confused:

However, it is convenient in the winter when it's a pain to set up the typical chrono. I found that I can come up with a reasonable speed number if I shoot about ten arrows and drop the high and low numbers and average the rest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought a radarchron about a month ago, I like the fact that its so portable and compact but I have to agree its not the most accurate. The readings I get vary by 2-4fps from shot to shot, but thats close enough to give me a good idea how fast my setup is.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Off by 7 FPS

Found mineot be way ff thatof the Clubs bu 7 FPSA

I got oen with a sc rew that was not threaded had a hard tiem settingit up But better than nothign TINK

·
strayarrow
2,407 Posts
radarchron

I have one and also found it to be unreliable if you switch it from bow to bow. If you are keeping it on one bow then you need to set it while using a proper chrono. The speeds depend on the distance from the bow, and the height from the arrow. Once it's set for your bow, it's fine as long as you keep using it that way. The sppeds will vary greatly when these factors are changed. besides, you can get a chrono for the same, or probably less money and then everyone can use them.

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
My dad has one and sometimes it reports strange results, but in general is pretty accurate. It's good enough for a guide and can be used in poor light. For accuracy I use Accurate Sights. Maths will always be more accurate than a chrono anyway.

·
Registered
83 Posts
HI,all. I have a radarchron and am very pleased with it. I checked it against my pro shop's chrono and it was right on the money. Having said that I've noticed that it must be set up so that you have between 1 and 1.5 inches of arrow clearance for it to read accurately. When comparing it with a standard chrono you must remember to get very close to the standard chrono or your speeds will be quite different.:)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the help. I think I will stick with the Pro Chron, just afew too many negative reports on the Radarchron.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts