Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Irish Setter Rutmaster 2.0 rubber hunting boots? I saw then at Field and Stream the other day and they look well built and have a really nice tread on them (which is what I dislike about other boots). Looking for some reviews. they make a 800 gram and 1200 gram boot. I'm thinking about getting the 800 gram and some boot covers for when its cold. Thanks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Great boots for walking, but as far as warmth, my feet sweat terrible in them and the soon after the cold sets in. They are probably the best fitting knee boots ever.

·
Registered
20 Posts
They are great boots. I wear the 800s from early November through January and have not gotten cold feet yet. They got very well too, I typically wear a size 13 and with this one went with a 14 as there is a bit of space for air in the boot.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I got them at the beginning of the year an absolutely love them. Very comfortable and great tread. My feet do sweat in them but haven't had a rubber boot that doesn't make my feet sweat. I also went with a size bigger. I normally wear an 11 and went with a 12 so I could layer when it gets cold. The nice thing is even with a size bigger when I wear thin socks the boots don't move around while walking.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Honestly they are terrible. Very nice to walk in but way to tight on the ankle. Because of the tightness you have to work to get them off. The seams on the heal pull apart. Happened on my first pair in 3 months. Then agin on the warranty replacement 6 months later. Very good customer service as Irish Setter sent me another pair, which I promptly sold. Check out the reviews online. They are very poorly made boots.

·
Back down to ground level
16,090 Posts
Didn't like mine either. Light and comfortable boot to wear, but get at least a size larger because they are tight and hard to get off with just regular thin socks on. Had to seam seal everywhere because they leaked. Both boots tore across the top of the toes where they bend before the end of the second season. I had worn them 20-25 times. Rubber is thin, and not tough like my alpha burlys. They were the 800g. My son has the 1200, and they didn't crack. Probably because they don't bend across the toes like my 800's did.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I use mine quite a bit. No signs of wear like mentioned above. I have to walk quite a bit to get to hunting locations (public land). Great fitting boot but a little more difficult to get off than my old lacrosse boots.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I’ve had mine a year. Holding up ok, knock on wood. They are not warm stand hunting in the cold. Considering getting the 1200s. They are very comfortable, I’ll give them that.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Honestly they are terrible. Very nice to walk in but way to tight on the ankle. Because of the tightness you have to work to get them off. The seams on the heal pull apart. Happened on my first pair in 3 months. Then agin on the warranty replacement 6 months later. Very good customer service as Irish Setter sent me another pair, which I promptly sold. Check out the reviews online. They are very poorly made boots.

I agree with all above.
However, they are very light and very comfortable......until you try to take them off. I think it would be easier to just pull a leg off and put it back on after removing the boot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts