Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot a nice fat Wisconsin doe Saturday night. I stayed in the tree a while longer hoping her boyfriend might show up. I figured I better go find my deer before it got to late, so I went to lower my bow down with a "new" rope I had in my pocket. I had lowered the bow probably two feet down, of the approximately twenty feet in the air and the rope broke. My bow dropped to the ground and landed in the mud. Surprisingly nothing was hurt, I thought for sure the sight or rest was trashed. I took it to the dealer the next day and he was even surprised, not even a scratch. Has anyone else had this happen? Talk about a sick feeling.:eek:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
no. we still hunt out here but i did fall on my new hunting bow opening morning landed on the bottom limb, nocked my sight off a little but no scratches on the limb thank the lord

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
yes but in reverse

many years ago i had just climbed up my tree and was raising my bow, i was about 25 feet up and my "brand new" rope broke, i wasn't that lucky...when it hit the ground it came "unglued" sounded like a rifle shot! cracked both limbs, broke string, and crushed the bottom cam!!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Mud has a way of absorbing shock. Glad to hear you were lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts