Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard about a new system that's coming out that eliminates pin nocks.

It's called the NONOX system and it's shot with a pin bushing. I guess it is mounted on the string and the pin bushing goes into it and is held in place with an o-ring. It is supposed to be much more consistent than pin nocks because the nock is never too tight or too loose.

I'm very interested in this for 3d and hunting, the hunting version is supposed to have lighted pin bushings.

What's everyone's opinion about this? They're supposed to be available for the first time at the Iowa pro-am. I think I'm going to pick a couple up.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Interesting,but I bet it vibrates like crazy and is hard on the string.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
looks ridiculious and unsafe.... no way im clamping metal dloops or these to my string and leaving it there. theres no need for this.....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting,but I bet it vibrates like crazy and is hard on the string.
I was thinking it would be easier on the string. I always have problems with nocks twisting my serving and chewing it up.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Looks good to me! Some people just never want or admit advancement

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Looks good to me! Some people just never want or admit advancement
Playing devil's advocate here, (and just liking to debate people)...

If people can shoot incredible scores with the existing system of nocks, what true advantage would this give?

·
Registered
236 Posts
ive seen one , its made out of heavey duty molded plastic , the guy shootin it says its the hot setup , and they will be for sale at the iowa pro am

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
imo looks like a PITA if you wanna practice large volume shooting, having to nock the arrows to that one piece every shot.

if its better then the current systems out, it has to be marginal at best.

but i would be happy to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll try to find out when these will be available to order. The more I think about it the better I like it. No more buying nocks!!!

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
For me if aint broke don't fix it................:darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
not much more than watching which fletch is up , down, or out..... a different color cock vane would solve that problem. that "receiver" probably doesn't weigh as much as a brass nock on your string, it looks kile high impact nylon or HMDP. issues with nock pinch are eliminated. it'll be interesting to see if it catches on as time goes by.
I do agree about the dry fire potential, the condition of that o-ring will have to be looked after, closely, but not hard to tell when it needs replacement.
for spot arrows, a pin bushing could be made out of carbon fiber, it would weigh nothing.... that would potentially boost FOC and help soften up big target shafts.

i'd be willing to try it.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts