Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen all the Primos guys wearing some type of grunt call on their shoulder area while bowhunting in the Truth videos.
I am wondering IF this is just a homebrew setup they have made up, or if they sell a grunt call setup like this????
I think the system looks good, for possible grunting at full draw, if necessary.
Plus, it keeps the grunt tube out of the way most of the time, but yet it's right there when you need it, with a simple turn of your head.
I was hoping you guys would tell me where I could buy a strap or setup that is specifically made for this purpose?
If not, I can devise my own setup, but it would be much easier to just buy it outright. I've got too many other projects, and the last thing I need is another item to design, track down the materials for, and then make..
Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well looking at thier current catalog, the rubberneck model comes with a strap to attach to your arm. They also have a smaller "hands free" call. It just looks like its held in your mouth. So I'd say you saw the rubber neck strapped to the upper arm, that's how they show it in the picture.

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
What you are referring to is the elastic strap that allows calls such as the Rubberneck grunt and the new Buck ROAR, to be strapped to your forearm, on your release arm. That way, at full draw, if needed, your call is close enough to your mouth to use.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes guys,
Per my original post, I'm looking for the call that straps to your arm, and can be used at FULL DRAW with your bow.
Thanks for the links!

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
NYBowhunter911 said:
What you are referring to is the elastic strap that allows calls such as the Rubberneck grunt and the new Buck ROAR, to be strapped to your forearm, on your release arm. That way, at full draw, if needed, your call is close enough to your mouth to use.
There is your answer.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i like mine because it helps me out cause i was at fulldraw and i grunted couple times and the deer stop and bam my arrow kill that 6 pointer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's the rubberneck that you see strapped to their arms in the videos. I've had decent success with this grunt as well. Don't have to worry about it dangling from your neck.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
As mentioned, the Primos Rubberneck and their new Buck Roar both feature the strap. Also, the attached lanyard on the H.S. True Talker can be used the same way. I've wore my grunter this way for years and it's extremely effective once I already have my release attached to my bowstring and that bucks closing the distance.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
NYBowhunter911 said:
I'll have to try it out, I may like it better. I usually don't look at new calls every year thats why i haven't seen it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts