Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone hunt with a backtension release?

514 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  slowhandstl
Who does and doesn't? Why and why not?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,815 Posts
i did with a sweet spot II, now i hunt with a st360 but i still use backtension!....:wink:

any release can be shot with backtension, i think you meant to ask if anybody hunts with a hinge release....i know a few that do, as i used to!

· Registered
4,087 Posts
you do a search for back tension and hunting, youll find tons of info. im planning on using mine for whitetails this coming season, they only real problem i could see are tough angles

· Registered
632 Posts
I use a Carter Squeeze Me for indoor and training, and a Copper John/Stan Eagle for 3D and hunting. I shoot it with back tension.

The uphills are harder to make go off and the downhills go off too easy. If you draw level to gravity and then bend at the waist to the angle you need to shoot, that minimizes this effect, but it's harder to do than it sounds. That's why I use the trigger release for hunting and 3D. It's a middle finger trigger, the way I use it.

If you are using a Stan type, then it should be less affected by the uphills and downhills, but it still makes a difference.

Slowhandstl

Slowhandstl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.