Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a new bowpress at the Metropolis ASA shoot and cant remember the name of it, anybody have any info on this press, i believe it was designed more towards the parralell {sp} limb bows

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
The local shop has this one, it worked really nice when I replaced my strings the other day. But I cann;t remember the name of it:embara: because the web site where I found it doesn't sound like tha name that was on it:(

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I passed a flyer on the press you are seeking to my pro shop a few days ago. I will try to find it over the next few days or you can call for Derrick at 303 750 4800. Tell him you are looking for the data on the bow press Roger gave him.

It is a pretty impressive press, especially for parallel limb bows - fast and efficient.

·
Martin Pro Staff
1,804 Posts
Last Chance Archery in GA

It is made by Last Chance Archery here in north GA. It is being built by Leon Pittman and Mike Lee. I am not sure of their names on here. If you are interested in one, send a PM to JC280 or reylamb. These two guys can put you in touch with Mike or Leon. The press is awesome. I know JC280 has one. We have one at the shop too. It comes in a manual crank or the electric motor. It presses the bow at the limb tips only, just like you were drawing the bow. It will work on any bow, event the Mathews with the string suppressor attached. You just flip one of the arms around when it is the Mathews.

Clay

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Darrel said:
Or Apples new press for parallel limb bows...... http://www.applearchery.com/0292.html

Were trying:wink:

Darrel

That press is junk. When you jack over the bow... for some reason it only compresses that limb and only that limb. Youd think the load would even between the two limbs but it didnt appear to when I used that press. But then its only temporary because the jack leaks down in a couple seconds.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
BradleyP said:
That press is junk. When you jack over the bow... for some reason it only compresses that limb and only that limb. Youd think the load would even between the two limbs but it didnt appear to when I used that press. But then its only temporary because the jack leaks down in a couple seconds.
Our local shop uses that press and they have not had any problems with it.

Darrel

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
The press that he is referring to is NOT pictured above in any of the posts. I wish I had a picture of it from Metropolis, it is truly a revolutionary design in bowpresses. Improper pressing cannot be used as an excuse for limb failure if this press is used.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
How about this------- 2007 Martin Bengal you need no press!:eek: Yep, you can put in peeps, change leeches, change strings--- all with no press. :) :darkbeer:

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
The Last Chance Archery Press website is under developement. Right now it just has a couple of pictures. Leon and Mike are swamped right now trying to get presses built to fill orders so the website has been put on the back-burner.

They have made huge improvements to the press since Metropolis, specifically in the way the arms attach. They now have T-Blocks and the arms slide in and out to make swapping for various bows easier and allowing you to make them whatever width you need to accomodate any bow. This press will now work on the PSE and AR bows with the really short limbs.

www.lastchancearchery.com

I am not affiliated with them, other than helping out when needed as both Leon and Mike are friends. As such I would not want to quote pricing, but I believe the hand crank is in the $400 range plus shipping and the motor press is in the $550 range plus shipping. I will say the press has garnered alot of attention and is working very well for everyone that has one.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
DanDaMan said:
How much is this one? Give us some links for all these presses.
Dan

http://www.pssguns.com/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=5

Here is a link to a retailer. Any one who may be interested in wholsale can pm me. We also have a timing attachment that can be used with the press to correctly time cam.5 and single cam bows. With this attachment it only takes one person, 5 minutes and there is no chance of dryfiring. Another development is the capability to press the Mach X and the velocity bows with a relatively inexpensive part swap.

·
Martin Pro Staff
1,804 Posts
stehawk said:
How about this------- 2007 Martin Bengal you need no press!:eek: Yep, you can put in peeps, change leeches, change strings--- all with no press. :) :darkbeer:
That is the case with every single Martin bow and has been since I can remember back to the late '80s when I started shooting them.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
bcriner said:
That is the case with every single Martin bow and has been since I can remember back to the late '80s when I started shooting them.
Yep, but the magnum models are just a little harder to work with.:wink: The new Bengal-- man the strings come completely off with zero effort.:wink: Of course all the SE limb pockets make it easier than the Magnums as well. I love my Martins.:) :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts