Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found an old sight, it has K254 on the side and K T-type
it seems pretty old, it was on a Yamaha EX bow (top limb is cracked), from what i heard, that bow was made in the 1900s

i was wondering if its any good (the sight, not the bow :p ), im kind of tight on budget and i want to use anything that i can (im not paying 60$ for a sight when i can shoot by instinct, i just need it when i move to longer ranges)

·
Lowered expectations
18,389 Posts
It's a Japanese-made sight by a company called "K". A competitor with Shibuya at the time, late '70s and '80s. Quite good quality, basically top of the line at the time. They made a whole line of sights, stabilizers, plungers, rests and originated the "Flonite" vanes. T-type refers to the model, based on it's shape, and 254(mm) is 10" in metric which is the length of the extension.

You'll need metric allen keys.

Also note - if you take off the block and look underneath you'll see a small set screw - that's used to adjust how tight the block runs along the vertical track.

You might see a new "K" sight marketed by Cartel or other knockoff company - that's basically a copy of the original K.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I owned one in the late 80s. It was the top of the line at that time. It worked very well for the bows back then. It uses a 8/32 bolt for the pin or scope which might not be good enough for the compound bows today. But good enough for a recurve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts