Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. we're looking for some of you that are near Portales, NM as we have a friend who has relocated to that area and is interested in learning more about archery and possibly purchasing his first bow. (He's even talking about coming over to Paris, TX to take in this year's ASA!)

Anyone near by that would be willing to guide a newbie along?

Thanks, Mark and Ronda

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just moved away from that HOLE!

What took him to there? I have many contacts in the area . Stagecoach archery in the big P has extremely high prices and poor if any service. Sorry but its true . Hole in the wall archery in Clovis would be a much better choice. Some nice deer are in the area elk are 3 and more hours away Texas is right next door lots of hogs are very close to Portales . PM me for a contact number to my nephew who would be happy to help out a new b.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He bought a 200+ acre ranch and has opened a new vet pharm company in that area..
Thanks for the pointers.. Pm'ing you now for more info..
thanks! Ronda

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I'm a couple hours north of P-town, but if there is anything I can do, let me know.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bowhunt_n said:
I'm a couple hours north of P-town, but if there is anything I can do, let me know.
Thanks...I'll let you know when we find him a bow. Right now I have him getting his draw length checked. This is interesting to try to do from about 18 hours away! The biggest thing is gonna be getting somebody to help him learn to shoot the right way when we get him set up. He's wanting me to come to NM and teach him, but I'm not sure that will be possible.:confused:

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Let me know when he is ready. Maybe we can meet for a weekend or something. Or maybe he can come up here. I'll buy the beer. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Intresting about the Vet Pharm thing . Does he own the company or work for them? I know somebody who was going to work for a Kentucky based firm in NM
I would have done business with your freind. Small world!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts