Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone own a New Vital Gear Pin Head sight?

906 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  JNG
I'm looking at one to purchase after the hunting season. I love using my VBG Trappers for hunting but wouldn't mind getting one of these for 3-d ( 5 pin, .019). ANy reviews out there....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
I have one on my hunting bow. Extremely bright pins. This past year I shot 3-D with the Pinhead Pro. It has a dovetail style mount. This way you can extend it away from the riser. It offers the glow-in-the-dark technology, similar to the angular sights they offer. Both are nice, I like the Pro a little better. Price wise it may be another $40 - 50

· Registered
50 Posts
That's what I'm using on my bow for hunting this year. The pins are super bright. I went with the .010 pins on advice from Jim @ Select Archery. He said they were brighter than any other .010 pins he has seen. I would have to agree. The only thing that bothers me about the sight is the fiber optic threads are so small and they are open in a spot on the sight where you could possibly damage them.

It sure helps to see what you are shooting at with .010 pins. I use to shoot .029, there's a signifigant difference. I'm glad I went with the sight. It's also micro adjustable. Good luck with whatever you choose.

· Registered
902 Posts
Best sight I've ever owned. No need for a indiglo light. If there is any hint of natural light the pins glow like they are radioactive! Tough, durable sight as well. More than pleased with the purchase!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.