Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting back into compounds and just got one. I've been shooting traditional so this thing seems a little loud. And being a speed bow, it's hard to group with...but it's FAST. Should I keep it and practice or should I try to trade for a legacy or cybertec?

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,744 Posts
I still have two original Ultramax's (before Ultra2). They aren't bad bows but they aren't as nice as my Ultratec that I shoot now. I always found mine to group fairly well and actually shot some decent scores indoors with it. If yours isn't grouping I'd be looking at your arrow choice or state of tune. Oh yeah another thing. My camo one that I used for hunting was quiet as a grave

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Shawn....give us some more specifics...such as your draw length and what pounds you are shooting....the Ultra 2 is a great bow, it is short and has a short brace height...so your form has to be good....If you have a longer draw lenth ....maybe a legacy or the new lx would be better for you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 29 incher at 70lbs. I'm shooting 28 1/4 Easton epic 400's with 100 gr. tips. I was just kinda wondering if I made a good choice, there doesn't seem to be many people with them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ultra 2

Shawn,
Punch Master is Right On!. I shot an Ultra Max for 5 years. 68 #, 29 3/4", 360 ACCs, 75 grain Jackhammers. I shot the 65% letoff cam. The bow was quiet and deadly accurate, capable of 5" groups at 70 yards. You must have good form, you must be a decent shot, and I believe you should shoot a 65% letoff cam if you are going to shoot long shots. The bow must be shot on the wall, do not creep. I parted with it for an LX, if I had to give up my LX, I'd hurry back to an Ultra Max.

contractpelot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts