Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting the Sitka Incinerator jacket and bibs if I can get them on sale. Have read some reviews and most seem to be happy with their purchase but wondering if anyone is not happy with them or just not as impressed as they thought they’d be?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I went out in 4° weather with my fanatic suit and didn’t feel a thing. I had a t-shirt on underneath and workout pants. Worth every penny if you hate layering.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am thinking about getting the Sitka Incinerator jacket and bibs if I can get them on sale. Have read some reviews and most seem to be happy with their purchase but wondering if anyone is not happy with them or just not as impressed as they thought they’d be?
I'm happy with all mine, but if I was only going to have one suit it wouldn't be the incinerator. You're a little limited with that suit. Don't get me wrong it's great, but I think you would be happier with going with something more along the lines of the stratus or the fanatic. Fyi, Sitka is releasing a stratus bib this year. That bib paired with a fanatic jacket will be nice.

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm happy with all mine, but if I was only going to have one suit it wouldn't be the incinerator. You're a little limited with that suit. Don't get me wrong it's great, but I think you would be happier with going with something more along the lines of the stratus or the fanatic. Fyi, Sitka is releasing a stratus bib this year. That bib paired with a fanatic jacket will be nice.

Thanks for the input.

I have a medical condition where I get cold in anything under about 68’ degrees. I already own Cabelas Stand Hunter jacket and bibs and an IWOM which aren’t enough to keep me warm. This maybe the same as the Standhunter but it’ll be a lot less bulky.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I have to say quite the opposite. I finally got the sitka fanatic line. I wore it on a day I thought was going to have a low in the mid to high 20s but instead the low ended up being in the high teens. I was pleasantly surprised that I stayed relatively warm. I sat for about 4 hours and at the very end I started to just barely get a chill. Now keep in mind, I used to have the cabelas berber fleece bibs and jacket (super heavy stuff meant for super cold) and this Sitka stuff kept me about just as warm but literally weighs half as much and is half the bulk. I am now a firm beliver in Sitka. That being said, I think their prices are high (they should really try to come down about 20%) and their Hats fit weird (not big enough in my opinion and I do not have a big head at all). Other than that, I will continue to buy Sitka. My next set will definitely be the Stratus and then my final set will be the Incinerator.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The things I like are the attention to detail in design. The fit for me is perfect. The system is all about layering properly, base, insulation and outer. I don't use the Incinerator as much as I thought I would. When I do use it I'm packing it in. You're not going to walk very far without sweating. I'll keep wearing the Fanatic until temps are in the teens and below. Outside of some of their gloves, Sitka doesn't disappoint.

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
I would opt for the incinerator bibs and the fanatic jacket and the fanatic vest. Wear the vest over the jacket when it is single digits or below. The incinerator is just too noisy for me to wear in the jacket on those cold crisp quiet mornings.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No. Super satisfied with all of the pieces I have purchased. Equinox pant/jacket, stratus pant/jacket, fanatic hoody, stratus gloves and hat, fanatic gloves and hat, tool box backpack, merino gloves. I guess the piece I was least impressed with was the merino gloves but even those are great. I run First Lite merino baselayers though

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Nope. I love my Sitka stuff! That being said, I have bought a few pieces that weren't ideal for me (or wasn't needed) but when you find a system that works for you it's worth the money. I will be buying more this year when the new stuff comes out.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I love it. I bought the fanatic set and but ended up selling the bibs and went with the incinerator bibs due to having gortex and the material. I am not a huge fan of their merino but love their core heavy weight stuff. Don't think you can go wrong with Sitka if you have the $ to spend.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
22,176 Posts
I am thinking about getting the Sitka Incinerator jacket and bibs if I can get them on sale. ...
My take; Its good stuff. The Sitka/Kuiu stuff and some others really excels in the mtns....not much compares.

Its an expensive alternative for the layering while whitetail hunting where other much less pricey stuff will work just fine.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
My take; Its good stuff. The Sitka/Kuiu stuff and some others really excels in the mtns....not much compares.

Its an expensive alternative for the layering while whitetail hunting where other much less pricey stuff will work just fine.
Couldn't agree more.. And the price is crazy!!! If I told my wife I was gonna pay $350 for a hunting jacket I deserve the smack in the face she'd give me!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
What other form fitting layering tops and pants would you recommend? You know, then ones that are streatchy, contain spandex etc, to fit snuggle around your body? I've been looking at fleece tops/jackets for layering/insulation, but thinking that something more form fitting may be better to reduce that feeling of bulk.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have pieces from first lite, kuiu and sitka. I personally like items from each system and will layer them whitetail hunting. I got the fanatic set this year and it is the single best purchase of hunting gear for whitetail cold season I have gotten. Only negative is it gets burrs and such. Im at the point of thinking about the incinerator bibs though for super cold / Canada type late season stuff. It really is impressive technology.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I think the Fanatic is more versatile than the Incinerator since it's not as heavy but you can layer up but you can't layer down on the Incinerator. If it's super cold I wear my Kelvin jacket and pants under my Fanatic which is about the same as wearing the Incinerator. suit.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Pretty much agree with this, I bought several whitetail pieces at 50% off and even at that I ended up selling it because the cost to benefit ratio just wasn't there for me. There are other options for whitetail that are better on the budget. My 2 cents for treestand hunting.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think it depends on the piece. I bought a fanatic set and couldn’t be happier with it. I also bout a fanatic hoodie and in no way is it a $200 piece, I payed $130 for it and I don’t think it’s worth that either. However, I don’t think u could go wrong with their outer wear, it’s the best out there I think. A lot of companies make better base and mid layers imo.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts