Archery Talk Forum banner

anyone ride to the bowrange on a bicycle?

1147 Views 22 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Padgett
i would have a 10 mile ride. last bit up a steep hill.

any bow mounting options? any legal issues?

figured it would help me get in shape for any hunting, or hiking.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,544 Posts
Pointysticks more power to you bro I mntn bike alot during the summer to get in shape for the upcoming season its a fun way to get in shape and you can drop weight fast by doing it. I agree with the bowpack idea or you could get one of the atv mounts and put them on your handlebars like i do during turkey season you can cover alot of ground on a bike especially on old logging rds

· Registered
507 Posts
This is seriously one of the factors that mak me want to get into Oly recurve shooting. Break down the whole rig and it fits in one of those nifty Hoyt backpacks and cycle out to the range...and yes I am that odd ball teacher that rides his bike to school (and parks it in the classroom).

· Registered
507 Posts
I also work at a National Park on highway 50 which is really popular for cross country riders and a lot of guys have little trailers. it might help you look a little less strange...if you care.

· Shooter of flesh
7,672 Posts
My sister rode her bike to our range a few times, it had to be unusual seeing a woman riding a nice road bike with a compound bow and arrows sticking out of the top of her back pack. Especially riding from Newport Beach, through Huntington Beach, to our shop in Fountain Valley, she got quite a few positive comments along the way!

PS. Just get a backpack that your bow fits all the way into, and if your arrow tube sticks out, no one will even notice it.

· Registered
7,748 Posts
i always rode bike to help set up for our 3d shoots .we had to quit 3d shoots because one member was suing us for the right to drive his little 4 wheeler when participating in the shoot . haven't had a shoot in probably three years now and i've only been to club two or three times since .

· Registered
1,154 Posts
i always rode bike to help set up for our 3d shoots .we had to quit 3d shoots because one member was suing us for the right to drive his little 4 wheeler when participating in the shoot . haven't had a shoot in probably three years now and i've only been to club two or three times since .
black ball that member and problem solved

· Registered
21 Posts
I was searching for a way to haul a compound bow by bicycle, I was considering an Eberlestock backpack, but after you strap the bow to the backpack it's totally exposed, plus you have to carry the backpack.

I've settled on using a Carver surf rack mini. It mounts to the seat post and my soft compound bag fits in it nicely. I have the bag inverted so I could still stuff the lower pocket with an arrow tube, quiver and some other miscellaneous things.

Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Vehicle

Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle wheel Mountain bike Bicycle accessory

· One Shot
9,244 Posts
I was searching for a way to haul a compound bow by bicycle, I was considering an Eberlestock backpack, but after you strap the bow to the backpack it's totally exposed, plus you have to carry the backpack.

I've settled on using a Carver surf rack mini. It mounts to the seat post and my soft compound bag fits in it nicely. I have the bag inverted so I could still stuff the lower pocket with an arrow tube, quiver and some other miscellaneous things.

View attachment 1171945

View attachment 1171946
That's pretty cool. Like to see you riding that with a dead buck in one of those kiddie trailers behind it.

· Registered
1,321 Posts
This is one of the things driving my making a final version of my prototype bow case:

Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument

Once I've got one long enough to accommodate the length arrows I shoot (drawing up full size plans now and trying to nail down some features and trying to source all solid brass hardware in the right sizes) I'll be getting a rack for my bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.