Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking some of the older folks that if you have a three pin site and you start seeing six pins or three very blurry pins but it goes away a bit when you have your eyes open but it’s not quite gone is it my eyesight or is it something else is it the Peepsight or is it light thanks for any help or experience on this

My pins are vertical not horizontal

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
I had the same problem and went one pin still same thing, found out my peep was rotating just a smidge at full draw. Steeper string angles I need a larger peep. For instance on the triax at 30” I need a 1/4 peep for my x41 housing. I thought it was my eyes so went to eye doctor he said I was 20/15 corrected and everything was good. Everyone was saying get all these peeps with lenses and get a scope with a lense. Mine wouldn’t be blurry or double until low light outside. Triax at 30” draw I’m having to shoot a 1/4” peep. 7/32” might work.

Make sure your peep is where it needs to be at full draw first, then if rd still doing it to a size bigger, then if it’s still doing it and your peep is straight and your peep is large then go get eyes checked, if all 3 these are good then go with the lense system deal.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for that tip mine does move just up a little bit which is very annoying and also I think it is turning a bit so that would make sense

Anyone know how to lock in a freaking pep do I need to look at a Levi Morgan video Or just send it to the bow shop about an hour away

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
Thank you for that tip mine does move just up a little bit which is very annoying and also I think it is turning a bit so that would make sense

Anyone know how to lock in a freaking pep do I need to look at a Levi Morgan video Or just send it to the bow shop about an hour away
Hey where you live at in NC?

Draw your bow and hold it away from you and look and see how your peep looks, this is how I figured out my problem. I don’t have a problem with my peep moving mine was just I shot my new Bow around 200 times and strings settler a little, one I was clipped on and begin to draw it looked ok, however once a full draw it turned to the right a smidge enough to cause my trouble, so I probaly wasn’t smart but I drew my bow back and took my mouth and reached up and turned it back a little and bingo that’s how I found out my trouble.

Put Bow in press a little twist on top string and bingo, however sometimes dloop has to be redone. Now I don’t know what I’m talking about because I don’t know nothing about pressing bows, tying peeps, or anything like that. There is a shop in SC that is real good on that stuff I drive over an hour to him. Right now I am without a bow, my new triax in ev2 came today to shop I traded in my elite ritual for it. I had a 60lb triax forest that I traded in to order a Halon 32-6 ev2 with stone limbs and colored strings, it will be 2 weeks before I get it. I will be running axcel accutouch pro carbon x41 single .19 green pin in both bows, I will probaly run a 1/4” on triax and 7/32” or 3/16” on Halon 32.

I went through all kinds trouble brother with the blurry pin deal. I am only 31 and have shot for 12 years however in 2015 was in bad accident messed neck and shoulders up, I rushed recovery and bought a 60lb Halon 32/7 last March of 2016 and couldn’t shoot it due to flared up so I sold it, so this year I tried again after cross bow hunting and not liking it at all. So far I’ve been able to shoot ok but started noticing blurr on new triax I said huh, so I drew back elite and it wasn’t there. So string angle, small peep, and a bit of a twist with peep was my problem. I thought my eyes done got really bad I had the 3 pen rheistat axcel scope and I thought the 3 pins were messing me up so I went and got the 1 pin and same thing. I hope this helps please let us know on here because I looked for info and couldn’t find any. Everyone wanted to say use them lense kits (specialty peeps) and someday I may have too, I am just a hunter I don’t target shoot as far as competition or anything. I just like to bow hunt and enjoy shooting in back yard and out of tree stand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My pins were blurry and double new glasses fixed it. As for your peep twisting try moving a strand from each side of your peep. By this if peep is twisting right move the strands so they will pull it left. In other words if your string is twisted clock wise move strands that will pull it counter clock wise. You will need a press to do this and it may take a few times to get the twist where it lines up for your eye. It is not a hard task just a pain.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Just asking some of the older folks that if you have a three pin site and you start seeing six pins or three very blurry pins but it goes away a bit when you have your eyes open but it’s not quite gone is it my eyesight or is it something else is it the Peepsight or is it light thanks for any help or experience on this

My pins are vertical not horizontal
Does your target blur?

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if target blurs pretty sure it’s clear I will make some changes in the am and see if the peep is to blame I’m thinking it is. I’m in Goldsboro area bottom land

Wish I could have one of those Mathews bows that bottom land was listing image a 35 in Parker but a new to my Katera is on the way

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Specialty archery verifier. If you wear readers the verifier will do the same thing. I wear a 2.5 reader and use a #4 verifier.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Specialty archery verifier. If you wear readers the verifier will do the same thing. I wear a 2.5 reader and use a #4 verifier.
That's why I was asking if the target was blurry. If it's not, verifier would be the cure.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Peep is lined back up it’s better it just slides up a bit after 20 or so shots needs a shop repair
Post a pic of your peep and how it's tied in...you gotta fix that. You will never be able to shoot tight groups with a moving peep.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I have the problem but mostly under indoor fluorescent lighting conditions when I see two pins very close together. Not so much in outdoor, natural lighting. I tried a verifier but it blurred my target so I just live with it when shooting indoors,.

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
I found out that low light, small peep, slight turn in peep is what caused all my trouble.

larger peep that stays straight equals clear pins.

·
Registered
Ritual 35, Axcel sights, Carter Two Shot
200 Posts
If nothing else works a Verifier will. Saved my shooting after about age 50. Without a doubt the best money I've ever spent on archery equipment.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You have to put the right verifier in, and it's not a fix for all vision problems. Just us old guys who have to use the dreaded readers. The verifier is a balancing act. If it's too weak the pins will be blurry, target will be clear. To strong and the pins will be crystal clear but the target will be blurry. You need to pick a strength that will clear the pins up just enough so you can see them without going so far that the target blurs. The have a tool that helps but I had to buy several to get the right strength.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have the # 4 verifier weakest they make target is still some blurry still see double pins think part of it is my glases

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
If you are wearing regular glasses for sight correction a verifier will not work, or at least that was how it was explained to me. The verifier treats presbyopia that comes with aging. The strength correlates to the strength of the over the counter readers at least loosely.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts