Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
neat trick! i am a rookie, so simple tricks like this, i find very cool.

he holds the arrow loosely, lets the point rest safely in his palm, and blows on the vanes, and uses his lung power to spin the arrow. i guess he "feels" any undulations with a crooked broadhead?

very slick!

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Spin

Not really new, been doing this way for 20yrs. What works even slicker is put the arrow against another arrow(smoother surface than the finger) and against a finger nail. Two smooth surfaces really shows a wobble or bend.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, pinch your middle finger and thumb nails together and use them as the bearing for the shaft to rest on while the target point sits in your other hand's palm. The nails need to form a inverted V to work properly.

Blow across one side of the arrow onto a feather or vane (just one side) with a good long blow and spin up the arrow. If the arrow is out of true, you will feel the wobble. If it is out of true, it can be hard to get it to spin.

Keep practicing until you can get the fletching to sing pretty loudly while it spins. The faster the spin, the straighter the arrow.

Dean

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man, where were you guys when i was twist spinning (like a top) my arrows on my coffee table? furniture polish does not take out scratches..heheh.

thanks for the additional info!

·
"Catch Us If You Can"
3,269 Posts
man, where were you guys when i was twist spinning (like a top) my arrows on my coffee table? furniture polish does not take out scratches..heheh.

Ha you can just spin it like that on your finger and you can feel it if theres any wobble.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

that's the way I do it- spin it like a top on a glass table.

I'll have to try it this way though. I also just purchased a G5 ASD tool and it is amazing how much it has helped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts