Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my brand new cs30 has a cracked riser near the lower quiver mount bushing. Anyone see or heard of this? Hoyt manual says cracks of 1/8" or less are normal but this thing is at least a full inch or more. Only had it one week, barely shot it. So bummed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have them on my phone. Can post tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was at a local Hoyt dealership this weekend and they were talking about 2 different guys coming in complaining, one was a cracked riser and the other was a cracked limb on their carbon spider!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I would think there shouldn't be any cracking. Hoyt will take care of you either way.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
There's always someone on this site that's heard of everything.

Why not take it back to the shop and have it warrantied??? Are you really afraid that Hoyt won't cover it??? I've had customers come it with cracked bows that turned out to be the camo!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Likely just a crack in the finish, but then again if its new and for that kind of cash it should NOT have any blemishes!

·
Registered
873 Posts
There's always someone on this site that's heard of everything.

Why not take it back to the shop and have it warrantied??? Are you really afraid that Hoyt won't cover it??? I've had customers come it with cracked bows that turned out to be the camo!
How did you test them? Do you do a particle test or just a visual?

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
This is out of the 2013 manual...are you sure the 2014 says that 1/8 cracks are normal

Hoyt Carbon Risers are designed to withstand high
stress flexing and high stress loading that would be associated
with normal use and function of the bow.

However, in general, composite structures do not withstand
high load impact such as being dropped from a
tree, or by having some other object impact the structure.
In the event that your bow does encounter a surface
impact, you must carefully inspect the riser for damage.

If impacted, inspect the area for visible broken fibers,
multitude of separation cracks, cracking that appears
to resemble a spider-web, dented surface, or a soft
flexible surface at the impact point.

If any of the above conditions are apparent or suspected, the bow should
be considered damaged and should not be drawn or
used any further
Looks like my brand new cs30 has a cracked riser near the lower quiver mount bushing. Anyone see or heard of this? Hoyt manual says cracks of 1/8" or less are normal but this thing is at least a full inch or more. Only had it one week, barely shot it. So bummed.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
In before the lock and pics lol

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
The one at the shop was talking about a Hoyt spider 30 not the carbon spider

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Probably finish is my guess, but still that would bum me out too. Ive never had a cracked finish on any of my bows. Man these carbon spyders sure are having their teething pains. Finish and cable slapping the riser on the turbo #3 cam. That cable guard seems way too close to the riser on them all IMO

1 - 20 of 107 Posts