Archery Talk Forum banner

anyone seen a orange color raccoon

11908 Views 28 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  LetThemGrow
I was shooting in the back lard last night and herd a truck try too stop.And i thought it hit the next door cat or a fox.it was the same color as a fox.Walked up and saw it was a ****.Never seen a **** like that.So i put it in the freezer.Any one seen one like this.:rolleyes:
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Red phase *****,yes I have seen pics of them a few times many years ago in the National Trappers Association magazine.But I havent seen one in the flesh.They are rare.:smile:Get permission from your Game Dept. and get it to a taxidermist.They may even do it free.

· Registered
1,064 Posts
What ever it is it's not a red faze raccoon. That has to be an albino. Looks like a possum.
I hunted **** for many years and was told by a old hunter/trapper that the reddish colored **** were a result of bleaching from the sun. Some raccoon live in the hollow of trees, not in under ground dens, and they spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves high up in the tree where they feel safe.

· Registered
3,016 Posts
Well I think all of you have been on the thread about getting rid of a cold, and have tried way to many of the remidies. All that snops and Jim Bean is getting to ya.

· Registered
879 Posts
post a pic

· Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool

Know one round here has seen or heard of one.Worked all day at Cabela's today and know one i asked knew anything.I will take pic's but some one will have to post them for me.

· Registered
58 Posts
That cage pic is a ****, 100%. It an albino, worth real good money on the taxi market

If the one you have doesnt have any damage to hair/hide, this time of year and roadkill thats unlikely, it will be worth selling to a taxidermist, take some pics and post it on taxidermy.net, all kinds of buyers there for odd colored animals

· Registered
825 Posts
1c4:5

My dad caught one like that years ago, and the biologist told him that it was an albino. Kinda rare, but they do exist.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.