Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting a ripcord on an 07 drenalin, 29 inch draw, 70 lb. I am getting some kind a hollow noise that kind of sounds like the rest hitting the riser. I have the prongs wrapped with mole skin and also have a strip of simms insulator strip on the shelf.

I am shooting maxima 250s, 28inches long. Do any of you guys have problems with the ripcord causing an unusual amount of noise? Arrows shoot good, but I guess could also be contributing to the problem.
What do you guys think.

· HUNT'N SWAMP DONKEYS
5,046 Posts
ripcord

I have a ripcord on my XT I have noticed some noise but I just put a couple layers of mole skin on my riser...the sound is not as bad...looks like your arrows are under spined for your set up...I would go with a 350.....

· Registered
10,119 Posts
Loud

Yes, Ripcords are loud.
We work on them a lot but do not sell them for that reason

G

·
I have one on my Dren and love it. I use a peice of neoprene from a wader repair kit and shave it down so the prongs are almost flat. They do seem loud while you are shooting them but my buddies all tell me that my bow is super quite. Fleece works well to.

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
On my Hoyt Katera I put a small strip of 2 sided tape down "it's kinda like thin foam" then riser fleece over the top of that and on the prongs and mines pretty quiet now.

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Yes, Ripcords are loud.
We work on them a lot but do not sell them for that reason
LOL how do you figure? There is no way the rest it self is louder than the bow granted it may throw some noise in there but dose it make that much of a differnce? IMO the best rest out there never had a problem with mine.

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have noticed on the last three bows I have set ripcords up on that they are a little noisier. I noticed a big difference between the ripcord and my whisker biscuit. WB was much quieter on the shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.