Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be hitting the 3rd leg of the IBO Triple Crown this weekend. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it in until late Friday evening. I am thinking about trying to get all 40 targets in on Saturday. Anyone have any experience doing this? 40 shots is nothing physically. But the large crowds could make for a long, tiring day if there is a lot of waiting between targets. I'm thinking of loading my pack up with snacks and water, and just taking a quick lunch break half way through. Just curious to see how many others do this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Shot 40 in one day 3 years ago at Erie. Started at the earliest but you dont have to, i think as long as you start by 8:30 at least for fridays you'll have time to finish. Tried 2 years ago at Erie, was clean through 33, then lightning and thunder struck and we got pulled from the course. We were able to hit the truck after 20 to restock on snacks and they had water on the course so that wasn't a problem. If not for the weather we would have finished no problem.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I have shot several IBO events and shot all 40 in one day each time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shot all 40 in Indiana this year with no problem because of the weather forecast. Shot 20 in the morning took a couple hour break and finished by 4:00.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. So it definitely sounds doable as long as we don't get any severe weather. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Looking forward to the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Master Class
8,209 Posts
Several Did it yesterday and started early and were done by noon. Peer groups today will possibly be a bit slower for sure. Weather looks almost perfect.High's in the 70's and no rain.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was able to get all 40 in on Saturday, no problem at all. I was put in a group with 3 other guys that all did the same thing. We started around 8 AM and finished up a little before 2 PM. We took our time and moved right on through with hardly any wait times. It was a great shoot!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I shot all 40 Saturday morn in my peer group. We took our time and it was no problem but the weather was absolutely the best you could ask for. Otherwise I usually stop at 30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts