Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is going to be a Rhinehart R100 this year in NY about an hour north of me, excited to go! Will probably try for both days, stay overnight. Definitely loving and becoming addicted to 3D:star: Have shot a league last winter and this winter and this past weekend went to my first outdoor 3D shoot and had a blast.

What should i know about the R100? What are your experiences?

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
Great shoot. Not too hard, but yeah, bring a stool to sit on. Try to be there early each day, and you will breeze right through. 50 arrows a day, so don't shoot too much poundage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yeah def a lil slow but alot of fun!!! Bring a stool x2 !!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Get there early, bring a stool and bring some food while your shooting. It is the best when you bring friends because it is a great time

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
If it's hot, bring you plenty of water. :plain:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I shot the r100 the last 4 years and it has been a fun shoot each time. The wait times are long, but if you arrive early enough then it's a quick shoot.

Pre-register so all you have to do is sign in and go shoot.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
If you start out early you'll be fine...... only problem is when people zig-zag and bounc around can cause major lag times.

IF this is yoru first time....shoot the african/other . side first. And on the american side.... if you have an arrow you can trash and forget about....use it on the apple buck.

They will also have some games as well. Steel tree range....and a water jug race.....( hint shoot the top of the jug first) then the bottom...you'll win :)

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
Cool shoot for sure. The Giraffe is my favorite.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Very fun shoot, I go to the one in Virginia every year and its awesome. Last year the first day there was a little waiting but the second day went very smooth. It was super hot last year but still a very fun shoot.

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
You have to judge, but they set them real close for the most part.
Close???? We had a lot more this year over 40.....but true there is a lot of close ones.....also score doesn't really matter for the most part

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Close???? We had a lot more this year over 40.....but true there is a lot of close ones.....also score doesn't really matter for the most part
There were quite a few over 40....more this year than the previous two combined! But s fun shoot none the less.

·
Registered
538 Posts
They are a ton of fun to shoot at . Nice thing about the far ones usually a big target lol

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,334 Posts
Awesome shoot. Bring a stool as you will probably get backed up at times and its nice to sit for those waits. Also has water and some snacks, crackers or something to keep the energy level and focus up.
Yardage can vary. I've been to some in pa and nc where they kept them kinda close. The one here in va you better be ready for some longer shots, I think we went out throu 50 on some of the bigger animals last year which is how I would prefer it.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
its a blast !!!!!!
ours is the first weekend in june, cant wait!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Shot one in southeastern ohio awhile back..alot of fun, short shots for the most part..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts