Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a CBE Tek Hybrid Pro sight to use primarily for 3D shoots. I shoot the Hunter Class so I'm thinking of getting the 3 pin set up and I like the idea of the blue fibers. However, I can't seem to find any local shops that have one that I can check out.

I've tried .010" green fibers in my current G5 sight but I ended up going back to the .019" pins. the .010" green fibers worked great indoor, but outside they were tough to see in certain lighting conditions. So I was just curious if anyone else has used the Tek Hybrid with .010" blue pins. Any issues seeing the pins?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I shoot a Tek Hybrid with .010 Green. Blue is practically invisible to me outdoors without a light. Some folks prefer red over green. I am very happy with the sight.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shoot a Tek Hybrid with .010 Green. Blue is practically invisible to me outdoors without a light. Some folks prefer red over green. I am very happy with the sight.
I've always been a green pin shooter as it was my favorite for outdoors, until I tried blue. I really like the blue. I believe that it probably could be difficult to see without a light. but I'm mainly looking for a 3D sight so I don't mind using the light. Red in my opinion halo's a bit too much. I like green and blue. I like the blue for yellow face targets also, so that's why I'm leaning that direction.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The small rheostat light the comes with the sight won't work well with blue fiber. You will need an LP light or something similar. I have used blue fiber on CBE sights and that's what I have figured out. I personally don't like blue outside but love it inside. Daylight has a blue cast witch makes it hard to see under certain conditions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am currently shooting the new tek hybrid pro. I'm using a 3 pin .010 blue setup. Yes you must use a light. Only issue I have is when shooting a white target. Other than that it's perfect. No halo around pins. Very sharp.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am currently shooting the new tek hybrid pro. I'm using a 3 pin .010 blue setup. Yes you must use a light. Only issue I have is when shooting a white target. Other than that it's perfect. No halo around pins. Very sharp.
Thanks for your input. Are you using the rheostat light that comes with the sight, or another light system? I have a G5 light on my current sight. I think I'll try that one as well as the CBE light and see how they work. If it looks like I need more light they I guess I'll have to look at something like an LP light.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The light that comes with your sight works well. I use a different one only because I have to use the light every time i shoot. I shoot nearly 300 shots every day. The light I use isn't any brighter than the one sent with the tek, but I get much more battery life.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The light that comes with your sight works well. I use a different one only because I have to use the light every time i shoot. I shoot nearly 300 shots every day. The light I use isn't any brighter than the one sent with the tek, but I get much more battery life.
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I got to try the sight out first hand at Lancaster Archery earlier this week. I ended up having them order me the Hybrid Pro with (3) .010" blue fiber pins. So I'll let you know how it works out with the CBE light.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So for the past month I've been shooting this sight with the blue fiber pins and I love it (most of the time). As I mentioned, I ordered the sight with (3) .010" blue pins. I removed one of the pins because 2 pins seem to be all I need for the IBO Hunter Class shooting 322 fps. The CBE rheostat light does seem to be much brighter than some others that I've tried over the years. However, as some others mentioned, the blue does get tricky to see if you are shooting a light colored target that is being lit up by the sun. It seems that on a 30 target 3D course I usually run into 2-3 targets that I struggle to see the pins on due to brightness.

So I'm thinking of either trying out some .010" green pins or going the LP light kit route. So for those of you that have used the LP kit, do you think it will be a noticeable difference over the CBE light? Green may be a simpler solution, but I really like the look of the blue pins when they're visible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts