Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone shooting the Muzzy MX-3 Broads?

909 12
Just wondering if anyone is shooting the Muzzy MX-3 broadheads (100gr). Appears the broadheads are a touch shorter but have a wider cutting diameter than their traditional 3 blade heads. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the broadhead. Thanks for your input/ suggerstions and opinions.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
I used the MX-3 last year. My buck was down within sight (30 yds). Massive blood trail if you needed it. Complete pass through but good shot placement. I'm sure most broadheads would have done a similar job with the same placement. The wife spine shot her buck and it went right down. Got down out of her tree and finished it off with another shot. Broadheads held up well. I like them.

· Registered
360 Posts
I was wanting to try the MX3 due to their cutting diameter, and they fly great for me, hit right with my field tips at 40. This will be my first year to try them out, and I can't wait!!

· Registered
1,915 Posts
mx 3

killed a Ram, a hog, and a whitetail doe this year with mx 3. Fine job on all. pass thrus on all. Ram was at 40 yards and pierced thr rear of both shoulder bones. Awesome blood on doe at 25 yards and put the hog down from 35 yards. I also shoot mx 4 from another bow but havent recorded a kill yet.

· Registered
2,289 Posts
killed a Ram, a hog, and a whitetail doe this year with mx 3.
Me too!! except my deer was a buck!! none went very far!! and they fly fine out to 50 yards for me!!!

· Registered
111 Posts
I used the mx-3's the past two years and killed a buck both years. My '07 buck I shot right at about 10 yards, and my '08 buck was about 25 yards. Both deer fell within 50 yards with amazing blood trails (didn't need the blood trails since I watched them both drop). Needless too say I stocked up on extra blades, and have no reason to switch.

· Banned
1,245 Posts
I shoot mx-4's. I had one on a Easton Carbon Power Bolt and shot my first ever deer (doe) this past october out of my Horton Team Realtree Crossbow.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mx-3

I think the consensus is that the broadheads are well-liked, I plan to use them this year as I was always a fan of the Muzzy. Any other comments for or against the heads are welcomed. Thank you again.

· cosmo
1,929 Posts
i used them this year, in the past i was using the standerd 3 blade 100. the mx 3 has a little thicker blade and a slightly bigger cut. 1 buck and 5 does later i am impressed with the new heads. i couldnt get the mx 4 to shoot very well for me but no issue with the mx3.

· Registered
142 Posts
I used the small 75 three blade this past year.I was trying a little faster setup than I normally shoot.The blood trails were not the best but Ok.I was shooting the 100 four blade the prev.3 or 4 years they seemed to do a little better job.I did take two deer with the 75 three blade one fell in site about 30 from shot and the other about 50 yards so I souldn't complain.But I will shoot the bigger mx3 this year.I'm glad to here you guys are getting good flite with them.:teeth:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.