Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched my blazers to the heat vanes for my vertical bow and started to look into switching my blazers out on my crossbow arrows (I shoot a Gen 1 Micro 335)

As luck etc would have it, I got the Bohning catalogue this week and saw the Bolt vanes in it and they have my attention/curiosity.

Was wondering if anyone is shooting them or tried them and their thoughts.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got some of the Bolt Vanes when I ordered different clamps for my fletching jig. Since I have changed all my crossbow bolts over to the Bolt Vanes. I like the way they fly and stand up well. This fall will be the firs full hunting season with them so time will tell.

·
Bolts! Bolts! Bolts!
1,851 Posts
I tried the 3.5" bolt vanes and don't care for them. Due to their stiffer material, they are hard to bond properly with a rh offset.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks and what jigs and clamps are you guys using?

I just started using a Bitzenburger with right and straight clamps.

For my compound verticaI bow/arrows I use the RH clamp with as much right offset as I can get on the jig for Heat Vanes. I'm also doing a 4 fletch

For my recurve I'm using the straight clamp with feathers. Both 3 and 4 fletch. Gonna try the rh clamp eventually too

I just bought a crossbow receiver for the jig to start fletching my crossbow arrows. 3 fletch for them when I start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts