Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just think its getting out of hand inaccurate harsh drawing bows that can shoot a thousand feet a sec just doesnt make sence to me how bout we work on the quitest most forgiving smoothest drawing bow ever thats what i want

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
i just think its getting out of hand inaccurate harsh drawing bows that can shoot a thousand feet a sec just doesnt make sence to me how bout we work on the quitest most forgiving bow ever ....thats what i want
This is why I still shoot my SBXT.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Most of the time the claim of fps is just that, a claim. In the Real World it's normally a lot less. Besides, dead is dead, more speed won't make it any more dead.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
i just think its getting out of hand inaccurate harsh drawing bows that can shoot a thousand feet a sec just doesnt make sence to me how bout we work on the quitest most forgiving smoothest drawing bow ever thats what i want
So, start a bow company, and do just that.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
The bow is as accurate as you are. If you can't shoot a speed bow accurately, it's not the bow, it's you.

I shoot my 5.5" brace bow very very accurately, and the speed is a big plus.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Nope, makes the quiter, easier to shoot, and (sometimes) better to shoot bows cheaper to buy

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
speed??

I have been on both sides of this spectrum. Speed does NOT kill!! Accuracy kills!! I love a fast bow, but I have missed several big deer really fast. IMHO, I think people who are speed freaks begin to compromise their arrows to gain speed but lose the proper spine and weight and then lose accuracy. I have done this myself and lost accuracy but could boast of 330 fps!!! My General drives tack at 290 fps, but I won't miss the big one this year!! He won't hear it coming!:shade:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Honestly, threads like this continue to crack me up. How long have you been at this and how old are you? The reason I ask is because I can promise you, the speed bows of today are miles above anything built for speed available in years past. There are 330 bows today that are much quieter, smoother, and more forgiving than many 230 bows of use to be. If you have only been at this for a few years you don't have a clue how bad it can be. 20 years ago the pursuit of speed meant shooting way lighter than safe arrows with bows cranked up as high as a guy could pull. This resulted in some of the loudest archery shooting you can imagine. It also destroyed a lot of bows.

You have more choices today than ever so if you can't find a bow to fit in your needs and desires, it's time to find another hobby.

·
Archery Addict
3,693 Posts
not me!!!! The speed bow development is mostly responsible for the technology in today's bows. The speed bows of today shoot better then the bows produced 5 years ago. Lets use the sbxt as an example, the new z7 is much faster and just as smooth if not smoother. You can go to any bow manufacturer and look at their lineup and this is true.

I am glad speed bows exist....

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Then consider the Conquest Triumph - smooth, fast enough for me at 325 ibo and very forgiving with a 7 inch bh and 39 ata length. And it is very enjoyable to shoot. Best bow I've ever owned.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Sick of it? No way, the proto type speed bows of today are the building blocks for the quiet, and smooth speed bows of tomorow. Hoyt has taken a bold step in riser technology and pse has made some great steps towards a comfortable, and forgiving speed bow. I think in the near future someone is gonna put the peanut butter into the chocolate and come out with what the speed freaks and comfort shooters have been waiting for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
????

What's wrong with speed, smoothness, and silence? My gt500 is a pleasure to shoot. Oh I forgot accurrate.:shade:

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,588 Posts
NOPE.....my bow is FAST, SMOOTH, and QUIET now with the mod swap :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No way! The quest for speed has been around every year that I have been involved with archery, and thats over 25 years. It has been the driving force in the majority of technological advancements associated with bow developement. My Monster 7 is the smootest, quietest bow I have shot to date.............. Oh yea and its fast also:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
NOPE! I don't shoot a "speed bow" per say, but my BMXL is plenty fast, plus it is smooth, quiet and I can shoot it very accurately. I welcome all these companies continually trying to improve the speeds of their bows. Heck, I'm only shooting 60lbs and am getting 308 FPS with a single cam! Couldn't do that 10 years ago and get the comfortableness like you can today.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,727 Posts
Being draw weight challenged I like the idea of being able to shoot a heavier arrow faster for better penetration. A faster bow helps with this even though I don't own a real fast one compared to some.

Bman.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Sick of it? No way, the proto type speed bows of today are the building blocks for the quiet, and smooth speed bows of tomorow. Hoyt has taken a bold step in riser technology and pse has made some great steps towards a comfortable, and forgiving speed bow. I think in the near future someone is gonna put the peanut butter into the chocolate and come out with what the speed freaks and comfort shooters have been waiting for.
I agree 100% !!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.