Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone sit in a stand during offseason to scout?

463 Views 5 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  QuickReflex
Have you ever gone and sat in a stand or climber during the off season to scout?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,506 Posts
no i dont. i will do a few of walkthroughs in my area after the season, but i try to stay out of there as much as possible. i have over 2 months to hunt before our gun season in dec. so i have time to hunt the stand from last year and then make adjustments on the fly.

usually the deer use the same travel routes and i dont have to change much. i go in either on a rainy day or a day when its going to rain that night and make changes to the stand before the season, just trim a little and leave. that way when i show up its a complete surprise to the deer i hope.

Tony

· Registered
3,137 Posts
I do not, like stated above I do a few walkthroughs...mostly only to check cameras. about 95% of my scouting is done from a far. Low impact scouting with spotting scope and good set of binos makes me feel a little better about not spooking deer all summer long.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
Like some others have said , Yes , but at a distance to where I normaly would hunt just watch the feilds mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.