Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone -- Slick Stick vs Quick Stick Experience?

18183 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  MarkJoel60
I was wondering if anyone had shot both the Bearpaw Slick Stick and the Bearpaw Quick Stick -- and might offer some feedback.

I know that the Quick Stick is a longer bow, and I've seen some guys say that a longer bow is easier to shoot accurately... Anyone ever notice a big difference between these? The claims of Bearpaw is that stacking isn't an issue -- even on the smaller Slick Stick. But I wasn't sure.

Any and all comments from anyone who has experience with these would be appreciated! Thanks!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Only the slick stick here, it does not stack at 28.5 inches. I can't comment on any longer draw, however the extra two inches in the Quick stick would make it an even sweeter shooting bow. The slick Stick is a nice, light bow with no hand shock and a good shooter. I have 25000 shots trough it so far and it is just getting better (or me).
ATB. Marton

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have both and prefer the Quick Stick. It is a little more forgiving and a lot better looking.
Ringlight: Thanks! Can I ask what weigh the bows are?

Only the slick stick here, it does not stack at 28.5 inches. I can't comment on any longer draw, however the extra two inches in the Quick stick would make it an even sweeter shooting bow. The slick Stick is a nice, light bow with no hand shock and a good shooter. I have 25000 shots trough it so far and it is just getting better (or me).
ATB. Marton
Marton, is that your main bow? if you don't mind my asking... how tall are you?

· Registered
97 Posts
Hi Mark!
I am 5'9". And it is my main bow for the last couple of month,it is a#45 at 28". After my longer, lesser poundage bow it feels snappy but it is a joy to shoot. I have limited experience with longbows/flatbows, but the few person tried it at my local archery club agrees with me that ,this is a smooth shooting bow.
Marton

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! That helps. I'm leaning towards getting about that exact slick stick. I have a #55 longbow, but I'm out of archery shape, and I think I need a lighter weight to work my way back up. I figure a #40 or #45 would be pretty good as long as it had a pretty good zip on it. Last thing I need a slow arrow that I need to arc to the moon to land a 30 yard shot. But I feel me pulling my #55 on my release. I know its fatigue.

· Registered
1 Posts
Quick Stick or Slick Stick

Thanks! That helps. I'm leaning towards getting about that exact slick stick. I have a #55 longbow, but I'm out of archery shape, and I think I need a lighter weight to work my way back up. I figure a #40 or #45 would be pretty good as long as it had a pretty good zip on it. Last thing I need a slow arrow that I need to arc to the moon to land a 30 yard shot. But I feel me pulling my #55 on my release. I know its fatigue.
Hi Mark, I'm new to this site and to archery. I'm looking to buy my first Bow and I googled quick stick vs slick stick and found this thread from last year. I was just wondering which one you ended up getting and how it's working for you. I've only shot for 2 hrs at a local shop last Friday it was a 62" #20 recurve. I'm left eye dominant but Rt handed and shot with a left handed bow. I want to learn to shoot instinctive, so I know a lot of Lt eye dominant guys on youtube shoot Rt Hand Bows. My next session I'm going to shoot 2 Hrs on a Rt Hand Bow and see how it goes. I need to first decide which sided bow and then decide what weight for my first Bow. I want to eventually hunt with it, so I know I will need at least a #45. I also know it's best to get your form and technique down on a lower weight bow before moving up, but I don't really want to buy 2 bows. I like the look of the Bodnick Bearpaws and I've read they have No handshock and No stacking issues. Oh btw I have a 27.6" draw and am about 5'8". Any info will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

· Mildly delusional
2,888 Posts
Well, farkas...

I am 5'7" with a 28 1/2" draw. My slick stick shoots very smooth. It fits very well. You could pm me if you have specific question about it.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I ended up getting neither of them. I have a Samick Journey, and even it felt a little short for me. I don't get a sense of much stacking, but I do feel a little pinching on the string fingers.

Just recently, I decided to take the plunge and get into ILF. I just bought an ILF Spigerelli BB 25" riser and SF Archery Axiom Plus Recurve Limbs. That gives me a 72" bow. I really have no opinion on it yet. I literally just got it strung and outside for the first time yesterday. The advantage is that I can change limbs for much less money than buying a new bow. I can even put longbow limbs on it if I want to.

Now, all of that being said, I have to say, I think the quick Stick is still one of the most elegant looking designs. There is still a lot of appeal to a one piece longbow. I hope to get back into them one day. At least I would love to find someone shooting it at a range someday so I can try it... But I think I'll end up getting someone to custom make it -- so it will be a lot more expensive than I can afford right now. But, seriously, if I had the cash, I would buy this just to say I have one:

Bow and arrow Archery Longbow Compound bow Bow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.