Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out how to get my stand, sticks and clothes all in together. Not sure if the 2200 would hold the stand well anyone have experience?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I have strapped many stands to mine over the last few years. Depends on what stand/sticks you have, but it is quite easy once you do it a few times.

I generally fill my pack with whatever goes inside, then I lay it flat on the ground. I place the stand on it, then the sticks. I run the straps through just inside of the outer edge, then clip it together.(Sort of like a weave) Tighten down, and you will be good to go.

Generally I will put my jacket and/or pants lengthwise in between the stand and sticks on my pack. I have done this hundreds of times, and have not had them come loose/out yet. Then, when you get to the tree, they will be the first thing off, so you can lay them at the base of your tree, and get dressed after hanging the stand, or remove everything, and just strap them back to your pack.(I like to hang some stands with my pack on my back, that way I only make 1 trip up the tree.)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, got any pics? Saw it with an eberlestock x2 and wondered how it carried with a badlands.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
No, unfortunantly no pics. Im out of state working as well. Ive been happy using the combo though. I mainly use a muddy bloodsport and missy sticks, but have used several different set ups as well.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have a 2200 and took some pics but can't find them. I have 4 LW sticks that i pair up and tuck in to the wings then thread the horizontal straps through the stand. Easy. The 2200 has plenty of room for all my climbing, trimming and hunting gear.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have molle straps but I saw a guy strap his sticks in the batwings and then the stand on an eblerstock pack but I wasn't sure the badlands would be able to do it without the bottom flap.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Just due to the taller profile of the 2200 vs the X2, the 2200 should carry it much better. I have done it with both a 2200 and 2800, but didn't take any pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts