Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dug up my old archery equipment. I had bought all these recurves used, and am now curious as to their age or any history pertaining to them. I could not seem to find much on the internet.

From top to bottom:

1. Les Dunsdon, Brantford Ontario, #160 86238, 26# @ 28", AMO 66", Deermaster Target Recurve.

2. Bear Grizzly, KR20039, AMO 58", 55# @ 28", Grayling Michigan.

3. Black Hawk Avenger, A1074, 40# @ 28", AMO 52".

4. Bear Kodiak Magnum, Ku92697, AMO 52", 50# @ 28", Grayling Michigan.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Lowered expectations
20,219 Posts
For # 2,3 and 4, try www.tradgang.com

There's a guy there called "the real bowdoc" who can tell you the ages of the Bear bows by their serial numbers.

Don't know much about #2, but the #1 was made by Les Dunsdon, one of several Ontario bowmakers in the 50s and 60s. Yours would be an early-60s (probably). This was a bit before my time, but in the mid 60s, Dunsdon and another bowyer named Harry Tillmark joined up and called their company Dunmark. Later in the mid 70s they connected with another Toronto area company called Archery Craft, which became Dunarco, then DACO for short. DACO bought a US company called Outers (Astro compounds) which made the Astro Regency which was a '70s top target compound bow. DACO then got bought out in the early 80s by a Quebec company called TOPO, which promptly folded, killing all of this history.

The sight on your bow is called a "Reynolds".

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. It is hard to find good information on older archery equipment on the net.

I gave the top bow to a friend. She is just starting out in archery with her family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.