Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I have to say, usually it dont last as long for me. But i Love to hunt those turkeys. Just wish we had a 2 Bird Limit. Last Year i hunted Alabama, Kentucky and My Home state of Indiana for birds.

This year is Florida and Indiana.

Got to love a gobble on a cool spring morning.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I have been thinking turkeys since I picked up a bow. I'm still trying for my first one.
I want to take one while I'm sitting on the ground, with no blind! I like a challenge. But, a blind is starting to look pretty damn good. 3 turkey tag sandwiches later, I am starting to change my way of thinking.
I have a couple of groups that come by my stand. I have been able to get to full draw on them, but thats too easy.
My first 2 deer were taken off the ground, spot and stalk. I want my first turkey the same way.

·
Registered
209 Posts
April can't here fast enough!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm always thinking turkeys. Deer season is just to help pass the time between springs. I watched and videoed 19 turkeys for about an hour and a half on Thursday evening. I forgot all about deer hunting while watching them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
These 15 guys came out of my woods to graze in my yard a couple weeks ago. Too bad WMU 5B does not have a Fall season, or we would have had fresh turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,625 Posts
Yes i am!

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
have been thinkin' turkey for a while

Had to apply for the spring hunt a week ago.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Yes, I am always thinking about turkey hunting. Love it. I walked up on 4 big longbeards the last week of our rifle deer season. Too bad my fall turkey season had closed 3 weeks earlier.

My first turkey with a bow was killed without a pop-up blind. BUT, there was a lot less turkey hunting pressure then.
Dan

·
Registered
268 Posts
I am. Already got the turkey targets out!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
My area of NY sucks for deer but the turkey hunting pretty good! Looking forward to May!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yea-man cant wait too hear that gobble saw some nice long beards from my tree stand this fall

·
Registered
691 Posts
Followed 12 through a field Thursady afternoon walking to my stand. Hope they are still in the area this Spring.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
On halloween this year I rattled in 3 big toms. They were curious as the sound of antlers filled the air. I shot the first one to give me a shot. It got me thinkin about spring! Can't wait to put out the blind and hear those loud spring gobbles!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just look at my avatar. I never stop thinking about them. I'd give up Deer hunting before I would give up Spring Gobbler hunting. My 2 boys could run a Turkey call before they could talk....:):)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts