Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about trying an expandable broadhead this year and I like the looks and size of the G5 Tekans! Anyone out there got any input? Do you like or dislike them and why?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
YEP I tried em, killed a deer with em..not impressed small hole and weak blood trail

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Love em! Tough as nails, fly like darts and leave a massive wound. I've had great results with the new Tekans!

·
Registered
340 Posts
No complaints, used them for 3-4 years now. Fly like field points, I don't even practice shoot my practice point anymore. They are tough. One time I shot one thru a deer and it hit a try behind it. The impact put a slight kink in the point that I filed off and it's ready to use again. Larger cutting diameter would be nice.

·
wolfey
4,062 Posts
the new tekans are awesome. Great entry and exit holes and good blood trails

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
YEP I tried em, killed a deer with em..not impressed small hole and weak blood trail
My experiance was just the opposite... huge exit wound and tons of blood, not to mention they flew as good or better than field points.

·
wolfey
4,062 Posts
My experiance was just the opposite... huge exit wound and tons of blood, not to mention they flew as good or better than field points.
He might have been talking about the old tekans which did that sometimes. also please tell me that your avatar isn't your kid

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have yet to shoot an animal with them but I've shot quite a few at targets and they are the best flying mechanical I've shot. They fly true and tougher than nails.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
love em! Tough as nails, fly like darts and leave a massive wound. I've had great results with the new tekans!
++1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts