Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried using layers of carpet padding for a target. I don't know if there are different densities of it or what. I'm referring to the foam pad that is normally placed over the floor before carpet is installed. Seems to me that if you stacked layers of that stuff in something and cinched it down, it would be pretty tough.
I searched the DIY forum, but couldn't find any reference to it.

· Registered
670 Posts
I made one with cardboard and carpet pad. I cut cardboard squares about 20''x20'' and the same size squares of carpet pad. I compressed them {by hand } into a box about this size. they work good for about six months but then they need replaced. the box was about 2' thick and I would put cardboard targets on the front to shoot at. worked ok shooting in my basement 12 yards 60# Draw.

· Registered
659 Posts

· Registered
923 Posts
i made a target from carpet pad i just stacked it neatly on a pallet and then put another pallet on top then used 2 ratchet straps to compress it all.its been sitting outside for 2 months now and still stops arrows very well.the tighter you compress the longer it lasts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.