Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed cabelas carries them and had good reviews, Just dont know if I trust cabelas reviews. Any comments from these before I buy?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I asked a buddy of mine who is bow tuning junkie about them last year.
He said they fly terrible.
I think he even said it had something like "for close shots" on the package.

All I have is second hand info....but you looked like you were fishing pretty hard and not catching anything.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,336 Posts
I asked a buddy of mine who is bow tuning junkie about them last year.
He said they fly terrible.
Your buddy may be a junkie, but probably has nothing to do with bow tuning. The Striker Mags fly extremely well, the same as the regular Strikers. I can shoot both into a 3" circle from 60 yards, so they can't fly that much different.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
I shot 3 deer with them thi year and they are AWESOME! I shot 2 does and neither went further than 20 yards, and my 10 point went about 80 yards. They are SUPER sharp and make a HUGE hole. I would suggest getting them and trying them out.

·
XX78 User
4,890 Posts
anyone got some damage pics? :darkbeer:

·
10,149 Posts
my 10 pt, quartering to me, hit lungs, liver, ponch, and completely broke the rear leg.

Attachments

·
10,149 Posts
small doe I shot, almost facing me, hit between front shoulders and exited behind shoulder, almost cut the heart in half.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COOL!!! defenatly worth playin with a set af those. Thanks for the pics:wink:

·
XX78 User
4,890 Posts
Very nice!!! :)

·
10,149 Posts
not a problem guys, these are great heads!:darkbeer:

·
In Urban We Trust
2,438 Posts
Not sure about the mags but the regular Strikers are a nasty little head. They fly awesome and kill even better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here is the exit wound of my wife's Ontario Bear this year. We switched to them this year, and they were awesome!!! We did have some issues with them her in Kansas on longer distance. She shoots a Matthews Switchback XT at 57 pounds with a 26 inch draw. It was a complete pass through of a 300+ pound bear at 22 yards.

The probelm in kansas was longer distance 40-50 yards in high winds (around 20 MPH) At that point the tend to plane.

Attachments

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,336 Posts
COOL!!! defenatly worth playin with a set af those.
Oh yes, definitely worth playing with. Just don't play with them with your hands.......if you're not familiar with the sharpness of the Striker blades.......they are SHARP! I have Silverflames as well, and I'd rank both heads as the sharpest I have seen.:thumbs_up

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I used them this year and had excellent results. I shot a deer that was, for the most part, directly under me. It broke the spine completely into and came out the underside. Deer broke my arrow when it fell straight down on it. When I found my Striker Mag I was shocked to see the only damage to the head was one slightly dull blade. I changed out the blades and its ready to go again. I also have good accuracy with them. The Mags has the sharpest blades on the planet. See my siggy. The pics are in the 09 Real world broadhead thread.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I took a deer with them last season, unfortunately no chance to do the same this year, but I had no issue with accuracy from them.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also shot a coyote with a Striker Mag. Went in behind last rib and came out between both front legs. Exit hole was slighty smaller than a tennis ball. The only thing that I don't like about the Mags is the price. They are premium head with a premium price. I got mine for less from other AT members.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just picked up a pack today at Cabelas and they look awesome. Got to shoot one before dark set in and it looked like it flew great at 30 yds. Cant wait to experiment some more with them. Hmmm....coyote you say, well that's open all year, time to go try'um out!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts