Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: I bought a smackdown click a few months back and I set it up myself. Initially I set the cable a bit loose; taut, but not super tight. Anyway, my groups were a bout 10" at 20 yards. I guessed that the rest wasn't getting out of the way quick enough, so I tightened the cable a bit, which helped but not enough. I then tightened it again to the point where it sounds like a banjo string, and my groups are now where I like them.

I decided I really wanted to see what was happening. More than just chalking my vanes to see if they contact the rest.

I've read through some of the debates on AT about cable vs limb driven, about the rest supporting an arrow for longer vs shorter periods of time. It seems to me that the quicker the arrow leaves the rest the lower the chance of me influencing that arrow. This is also consistent with the fact that the greater brace height is more forgiving.

There are a bunch of reasons why someone would want to get a high speed shot of their bow. Does anyone have a phone app, a camera, or some other budget option for getting sufficient high speed footage of their bow? My slowmo camera doesn't cut it and I think it would be super helpful to have in checking my form, my bow function and probably a bunch of other areas.

·
Registered
189 Posts
From what I’ve found, most (if not all) phones do not capture enough frames per second to take quality, slow motion shots of your bow.

I was recently bored and started looking up high speed cameras. They seem to be pretty pricy. Well over $1k. But interested to see if anyone comes up with anything.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
There was a coaching app in the apple store that could slow your frame rate way down. Don’t know what the name was though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts