Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has used easton CB inserts and bushings in standard gold tip shafts? They are a little loose... Did you get them seated and glued to allow a true spinning arrow?

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I've been using the CB bushings for several years and haven't had any sort of problems with them in the GT shafts.

I use the original gorilla glue --- not the CA, or super glue type. Most CA glues do not have gap filling capabilities and would likely not work well.

best of luck to you.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Just dawned on me that I have a dozen new shafts under the tree with the GT bushings that accept the G nock.

As soon as the dust clears over the holidays, I'll mic the GT and CB bushings and see what's the difference.

If this thread is still active I'll post up the sizes.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
if memery serves me, the CB shanks are .003" smaller than the typical .246" ID of a Gold Tip shaft. I've got them in my XT's with no problems. been using like that for years and years.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
The Easton CB's mic out at 0.243".
The GT bushings mic out at 0.245".

Of course, that means that the CB's have 0.001" more clearance per side. They weigh the same. Doesn't seem like enough to worry about to me. I think I'll just go ahead and use up the CB's that I already have.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
After I measured the bushings I got curious about the inserts, so I measured some of them.

They were just the opposite of the bushings.

Easton CB's were 0.245".
Gold Tips were 0.242/0.243".

Go figure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts