Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here uses any of the mail order arrow suppliers as oposed to buying from your local archery shop. I called my local shop the other day and they wanted $50 more for a dozen new Gold Tip carbons than the advertised prices in some of the mail order arrow supplier ads.

I like to support my local shops but don't like it when I feel that I am getting taken advantage of. Maybe I am off base here but I think that kind of profit margin is excessive and offending. If the shops want to encourage more customers to buy from mail order, this is a good way to do it.

If you have used any of the mail order suppliers for arrow purchases I would like to hear of your experience and level of satisfaction.

Thanks, Dave
[email protected]

·
Registered
788 Posts
i have bought arrows over the internet from a couple of shops over here,mainly because the shop that is local to me doesn't stock the ones i wanted and they are cheaper as well.i have known exactly what i have wanted in arrows so there has been no problems,and the shops have been sent exactly as i ordered them.i buy them as bare shafts and make them up myself as this saves money as well,and doesn't take that long to put them together.i'm happy to get my arrows this way as i trust the shops that i order from.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I bought mine from Mountain Archery online. They have great prices and their service is very quick.
Now I make my own but I'll still buy the raw shafts from them.

Closest archery shop to me is over an hour away and has very limited hours during non-hunting season.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have bought dozens from mail order. When there is a $20.00 difference in the price of raw shafts, damn right I will.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
OH YEA!

Keystone Countrystore is awesome. I really like the Blackhawk vapor 4000's. Keystone sells em for $42.00 for the shafts. The only shop here that was selling em wanted $90.00. No way man!!! Dave1 , buy from the mail order. I like to keep my money local too, but not when I'm gonna get screwed.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I make every effort to support my local shop.... but when I can buy the bare shafts I use for $55 doz delivered and he wants $79 doz plus tax...... DUH.....:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
have bought couple of doz from bass pro but started buying from local pro shop his prices are pretty close to the same, but if he jacked his prices up i would go back to mail order>>>>--------->

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I order mine from Roy-n-Kat Archery, in Utah. They will make up what you want, do a great job and it is still $25 cheaper with shipping than I can get them here.:)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just bought a dozen Easton Epics fletched with red four inch feathers, cut to lenght with inserts installed from Artesian Arrow for $50.99 plus shipping. Total 58.90.

Try to beat that,

Robert

www.artesianarrow.com

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
arrows

Might as well put my 2 cents in.....I ordered from a company called Indoor/Outdoor archery and there prices are very reasonable. There not on the net yet but they will send you a catalog until they get setup.I bought some Easton Lightspeeds for $50.00......1-800-597-8417 or email [email protected]

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
When my local shops don't have what I want, I mail order. I bought some 2314 X7's from lancaster, fletched with helical feathers and they did and AWESOME job. Best fletch job I have ever seen from a shop. I will definitely buy arrows from them again. Very reasonable prices and shipping.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've bought two dozen GT 3d pros from EDER's and they did a very nice job both times.I've bought several things from them and have gotten great service every time.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Martin Archery has x-7's for under 40.00/doz right now.
Jerry

·
Registered
710 Posts
I stock up on supplies at various trad rendezvous', and mail order or trade for almost everything else. Local shops either don't stock wooden shafts and trad stuff at all; or if they do, it's the cheesey mass production stuff.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I to have used on-line to order arrows from Nick Aston (Bowsports) here in the UK & have found no problem. Like bern 1, I order the shafts & make to suit.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I usually try to stay local, but there are certain items that I just can't find here in town. When I do find myself needing to order something, I try to support one of the stores that contribute to this page.

Lancaster
Keystone Country Store
Bowhunters Select Outfitter's

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Michigander, x-7's for 40 bucks a dozen.. I'm game, where
can I find them for this( u said Martin Archery).. how do
I reach them.. u don't mean THE Martin Archery, do u.. they
don't sell to the public as far as I know.. I'd like a couple
dozen x-7's at that price, thanks...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts