Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local proshop today and the owner let me shoot his bow and he has the stabilizer on the front plus wieghts and sound dampeners offset off the back. You can practilly balance his bow on your finger. After the shot the bow doesn't rock either way just dead. Well my question is does anyone else have any experience with this and what are the pros and cons. I have to figure out if I want this or a STS.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I was sondering the same thing, and instead of continuing to wonder I am using one this year. A couple weeks ago I put a Bernie's Control Freak side bar on my bow and it shoots GREAT with it!!!! It is rock solid while holding and I adjusted the weight to keep the bow balanced perfectly without any torque from my hand. I also kept it very close to the riser to keep it out of the way. In fact, it is so close to the riser that it does not stick out as far as a 2 piece quiver and much closer than any detachable. I have practiced from my blind with it and from my climber and it seems to cause no issues with getting in the way or bumping into things. As a plus it also made the bow a touch quieter. I really like the way it has a 45* downward drop angle, it really does lower the bow's center of gravity, too.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah I use a Counter Weight on the left side of my Bow Due to when I do shoot and Don't look at my Bubble I always lean the bow to the right so I counter balanced it so Usually it levels at full draw even if I don't look at the bubble! You Might be able to see it its Black and sticks out about 4 inches!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts