Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking about, something thin to go in between your riser and accs.--- sights rest...ect. Getting kind of tired of the bows finish getting marred or the finish being pulled off, when removing stuff.

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,889 Posts
Just a thought; I haven't tried this. The screen savers for cell phones like the Droids are durable, thin and peel off easily.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
you can use the clear plastic auto finish protective film it comes on rolls cut it to desired shape/size apply to accesory available at bodyshop suppliers

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I've used pieces of sheet protectors (thin plastic) that go in 3 ring notebooks-cut to fit. Also have used the thin foam sheets(non adhesive back) from craft department at Walmart. The foam comes in alot of colors and compresses flat when sight,rest,quiver is mounted with no movement or loosening.

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Nope. Thats why i have 3 kids...

Just kidding. Someone was bound to say it.

To answer the ?... No i do not...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My Bow is way to young to even be thinking about that yet,,,,,All though I did catch Him staring at a Brand New Allure the other day. Guess we are going to have to have the talk.

In all serious no I normally don't but after this thread we have some good ideas.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure I tried just about all the thin plastic materials, even those have a tendency to pull the finish off due to being tightly compressed, it's like the finish is embossed in the plastic. May try the foam sheets though. Thanks for all the ideas and keep them coming.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Bow is way to young to even be thinking about that yet,,,,,All though I did catch Him staring at a Brand New Allure the other day. Guess we are going to have to have the talk.

In all serious no I normally don't but after this thread we have some good ideas.
Hey at least it was an Allure and NOT a dyna-bo! I shudder to think what the offspring would look like!

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
Mine Pure seems to like the Jewel... :confused:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Keep an eye on them? Or work the video camera!?:tongue:
How dare you talk about my bow like that,,,,,I guess its ok since we high jacked your thread Sorry;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts