Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in trying the Hick's Pro Grip on my Mathews. Does anyone shoot with one? It look's like it has a very low heel, does it? I have the Standard Shrewd on my bow now.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Hicks grip

I have tried both and I like the shrewd better. I don't know how you grip the bow but the way I grip it the Hicks is very uncomfortable. It doesn't come all the way up to the shelf like the shrewd does. It has a lip around it that dug into my finger.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hicks Pro

I love my Hicks. I tried the Shrewd but it was to slick for starters and when it gets cold, boy does it transfer the cold to your hand. I also like the rounded heel of the Hicks better than the flat back of the Shrewd. The type of plastic used in the Hicks grip is extremely comfortable in all conditions I've used it in. And it is lightly textured so your hand stays where you put it.

I have one on all 3 of my Mathews.

Best part is, they cost less than half of a Shrewd! $$$

:D

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,432 Posts
I no longer shoot a Mathews but when I did I used a Hicks grip and loved it. I used the $19 pro grip. I also used the Shrewd but didn't care for it as well. I liked the round Hicks vs. the square Shrewd.

Jerry Carter is also making a grip for the Mathews and his is offset. I never tried it but the concept is a great idea to reduce the side torque that is so common to the "M" bow...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts