Archery Talk Forum banner

anyone use the muzzy 3 blades?

882 Views 12 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  P'duck
i bought a pack of six 125 gr 3 blades for shooting foxes and *****, cuz i get six heads for fairly cheap. im in classes all day, so i cant shootem till tomarrow. i have a bareshaft grouping with my fletched shafts out to 40 yards, so my bow is tuned. ya think they will fly the same? what are you experiences? easton epics fletched with 3 2.2" max hunters. thanks for any info!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
I use the 3 blade muzzies for many years now. I have never had a problem. I shoot gold tip pros with blazer vanes and wraps. I get a little drop in the arrow sometimes at 60 yards, other than that they fly very well for a fixed blade.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would not shoot a broadhead at anything before shooting them to see how they fly, just my .02. '94
im gonna shoot em, just wanted a heads up before i did.

· Registered
4,178 Posts
I used them for many years without any problems. I switched to 4 blades last year just for a change but not because the 3 blades let me down.

· Registered
3,609 Posts
Muzzy 3 blades fly good. I shoot the 100gr. Make shure you shoot each arrow. I just shot mine a couple weeks ago. 3 of the 6 arrow's I had to rotate the nock 120 deg. to make it fly straight. Some were hitting 4 " low and others were dead on. Rotated the nock to the next fletch and they all flew dead on. I think it was a spine issue not the broadhead, but it doesn't hurt to check.

· Registered
425 Posts
My 2 cents:

NEVER ASSUME that because you get a great and I mean great grouping of field tipped arrows at any distance your fixed blade broadheads will group the same. In all the years I have been shooting I can shoot all summer long with my hunting setup and shoot great 3D scores but when I put my fixed blade muzzys on I typically have to do some tweaking with my rest and idler wheel cables to get them to fly consistantly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.