Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY nice lady picked one up for me yesterday and it seems to work GREAT. No heat used, instead there is a small, almost silent fan and 2 double A batteries. The thing uses metofluthrin and seems to really do a good job at keeping the bugs away. Anyone else have one? and what do you think??

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Off Clip On

My wife bought one and it seems to work very well.
Jbird

·
Registered
85 Posts
off clip on

yeah i use it when i go fishing and it works great and i didnt notice any scent at all. good product:thumbs_up

·
Bowhunter
2,089 Posts
My wife uses one in her garden and loves it.
I already have a thermacell.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
they dont have an odor, its designed to do the same thing as the thermacell with the use of a battery instead of the butane and heat. both work great in my opinion. and i have sold a TON of both at THE HOME DEPOT!!!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Waiting for the SC Johnson store to get some in so I can try one.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
check at your local HOME DEPOT, i know we bought as many as we possibly could. most of the stores have a good supply. but they are selling fast, i sold 60 in the first 2 days i had them out. since then i got 24 in and they sold out in 6 hours. waiting on my next shipment though!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got a couple at Wally World for the kids. Borrowed it a couple of days ago while outside shooting and I was still getting bit. Granted the batteries were a couple of weeks old but the fan was still working. I moved the unit NEXT to the mosquito and I swear, I saw her flip me while sucking my blood so I smacked her. Better keep a good fresh battery on it. It also makes a faint buzzing sound when the battery gets old so I probably would not wear one in the woods.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
they do have the refill packs for the stuff to make them stay away. could be that as well,

·
Registered
270 Posts
off

I tried one at my cabin which is heavily populated(surrounded by swamp)with skeeters and that lasted about 5 mins then i went and got the thermacell.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Just like the Termacell I'm not sure they'd be effective when you are on the move?

A guy at the club said his Off one worked best when there weren't any mosquitoes present.

good luck, dv

1 - 12 of 12 Posts