Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally ready to make the switch to a drop-away for my new bow. I am interested in the QAD series. I have heard a ton of good things about the HD, but it is so stinkin' expensive. Does anyone have anything good to say about the Hunter?

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,991 Posts
I am finally ready to make the switch to a drop-away for my new bow. I am interested in the QAD series. I have heard a ton of good things about the HD, but it is so stinkin' expensive. Does anyone have anything good to say about the Hunter?
I love my qad and I did have a hunter modle on a back up bow but with all the pros on this rest the big con is the moving parts inside I don't know what they do cheaper on the hunter modle but i just did not want to trust it that said I never had a problem with it nor have i had a problem with my quad ld

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the QAD HD Pro on my DXT and love it!

I put the hunter on my son's Outback and my wife's DXT. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The Hunter model doesn't have the lock down feature but we've never had any issues with them coming back up. If you did have it buncing back up and hit your arrow though you could just use a stip of bear hair rest for a recurve and that should take care of that, but i doubt you'll need to.

·
Live Free or Die!
8,541 Posts
I have the QAD Hunter on my Z7. Works like a dream. I have one on my Reezen and Outback. They worked like a dream too! My dad has one on his AM32. No issues there either. I wouldn't be afraid of the Hunter if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
From a tuning perspective, you will thank yourself for buying the upgraded model over the hunter rest. Tuning the hunter model obviously can be done, but it's a pain.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the QAD Hunter on my Z7. Works like a dream. I have one on my Reezen and Outback. They worked like a dream too! My dad has one on his AM32. No issues there either. I wouldn't be afraid of the Hunter if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg.

yes to all of this:thumbs_up:secret:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have used the Qad Hunter rest for several years and have never had a problem with it...its not hard to get the rest in time..if its out of time then it wont work right...a couple things i do is take the knot off the string on the outside of the rest and put a brass nock set on it so if i want to change to a differant rest all i have to do is open the nock and leave the string still served in on the cable...i dont use the clamp that comes with the rest but rather run the cord through the buss cable a couple times and tie it in with dental floss...JMO

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love my qad and I did have a hunter modle on a back up bow but with all the pros on this rest the big con is the moving parts inside I don't know what they do cheaper on the hunter modle but i just did not want to trust it that said I never had a problem with it nor have i had a problem with my quad ld
My plan was to buy a cheapish drop away and use it for a season to see if I even like it. If I decide to stick with them I can always upgrade later. I just can't spend $130 on a little tiny piece of equipment I might end up hating.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have both and the cheap one works just fine!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have the QAD Hunter on my Hoyt Turbohawk. My first one developed problems; nothing that affected the shot, it was a noisy rough spot when the rest came up to hold the arrow. I have shot with the replacement rest and have had no problems so far. I really like the rest.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I have used it for 2 seasons with zero issues. It took awhile to tune the first time, but has performed flawlessly since.

·
BIRD HUNTER
11,179 Posts
you have already a ton of money in you set up, so dont try to save $40 bucks on the hunter model. get the pro hD you will be happy.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
The Hunter does not have the lock down technology and this would worry me. The Ripcord is the way I would go if the pricey worries you. I have the HD QAD and it is worth the price, but the Ripcord Code Red is cheaper and is supposed to be very good.

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,687 Posts
I have a QAD HD pro on mine and it works perfect...my nephew has the hunter model on his bear this year but we took it off of his old jennings and it worked perfect on both not any problems

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
i have the hunter on my monster, not enough cash yet for an HD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts