Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at Edgell Terry's at the BRS this year and liked the looks of it but can't remember if it has the square milled slot on the rod end like shrewd and CR scope have. I'm looking into getting one of these but it has to have that cutout or i won't think about it.

someone got a pic of theirs on a CBE sight? let me know

Lee

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the milled slot allows the scope to be aligned automatically with the sight with you tighten the two together. it also a anchor point in some ways for the scope to where it make it perpendicular with the elevation of the sight.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I use a CJ ants. for me there is no added benefit as the slot does nothing. In fact, I also have a 3d scope, and, I had to make a "special" washer to fit in the slot so that I could tighten the nut properly. I have never had an issue with the ants or the way I set it up... I offer to you as another way.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use a viper scope as well for 3d. There is no cutout that you speak of ( I assume it is similar to a Sure-Loc..) My viper has a counter bore for a washer and nut though. Excellent glass and fiber with these scopes. Great choice in my opinion... Sounds like it might not fit your bill though..

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i prefer not to have to check square on my scope all the time that is why i like the scope receiver on the CBE. viper is now making the milled slot that i want and when i get the right fiber pin that they make also ( yes it has a milled slot also, hehe) in a 1.375" scope i will be ordering it.

KISS principle on this one guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts