Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my HeliM in this week but I have never really liked the stock Mathews grips. I had the focus on my Z7 and it was ok. I picked up a reezen with a medium torqueless grip and it had a really nice feel. I did not get to shoot it but I liked the longer nose. The longer nose seems to make the hand fall into the same place every time. Anyone use the torqueless brand grip and how do you like it? Does it help to reduce torque?

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Ive been shooting tourqless grips on my Mathews bows for years. For myself, i shoot much better with them. Slimmer, means less tourqe. And i get consistant hand placement. The look great too.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they are very good looking also. I like the slimmer feel as well.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Put one on my Switchback XT, man that bow shot great and it looked cool as well. Winewood black was the color I had.

·
I do all my own stunts
580 Posts
Have a zebra (blonde and black) on my black DrenLD and am very happy. Had a winewood on a Conquest 3 for years till I sold bow.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I've tried both and preferred the focus. It seemed easier to get consistent hand placement with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I like the TorqueLess grips quite well. It does its job on torque reduction IMO [depending on what wrist grip you get] and it for sure gives you the same hand placement every time. Or at least mine does.

Mine is a med/high grip that was built for me by special request. Dave does nice work.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I shot the Helium a few weeks ago and I'm surprised that you haven't noticed at how slim that grip is? I've owned countless other Mathews over several years and can see the progression to a thinner grip. After seeing the thin grip on the Helium I doubt if it could be made any thinner?! If you're looking for another grip just because you want a new grip then that's different, but to say that the grip is still bulky is not so IMO.

·
Registered
50,366 Posts
The new stock ones are thinner. But IMHO the Torqueless is by far the very best after market. I have them on both of my Mathews and have had for several years. Dave is a master craftsman.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shot the Helium a few weeks ago and I'm surprised that you haven't noticed at how slim that grip is? I've owned countless other Mathews over several years and can see the progression to a thinner grip. After seeing the thin grip on the Helium I doubt if it could be made any thinner?! If you're looking for another grip just because you want a new grip then that's different, but to say that the grip is still bulky is not so IMO.
They are thinner than they were but are still bulky to me. The focus and torqueless are thinner.

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
I love the feel of the low hand torqueless grips. It's real easy to obtain proper hand placement everytime. I recently bought one for my Pulse and it was too tight and it cracked. I sent it back and they reworked the grip and refinished it and sent it back to me. I got it back and it cracked again. They gave me a refund with no problems. I really wish I could have gotten the grip though. But their CS is good if you have any issues.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
i put a focus grip on my helium about a month ago and love it.i was tourquing my bow pretty bad and having problems being consistat. put focus grip on and. WOW ! what a improvment

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
They are thinner than they were but are still bulky to me. The focus and torqueless are thinner.
You're right, and I was in a hurry out the door and shouldn't have even posted because I didn't say what I really wanted to say. All I meant was I shot the Helium a few weeks back and I was impressed at how far Mathews has come in slimming down the grip. It seems like every year it gets thinner and thinner, but after shooting the Helium I felt that it would be difficult for Mathews to make it any thinner. I have a couple Mathews with Dave's Torqueless medium wrist grip and they are very repeatable IMO. It's just evident to me that Mathews is trying to get the grip right and that they must listen a little to what we archers have to say about their product. It shows in the evolution of their grips over the last 10 or so years.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I have the bloody wallnut on my reezen and love it

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I'm glad mathews is trying 2 get the grip right, But torqueless w/ the Nose is better period. I noticed a draw stop on the helium,,, funny but they're going round robin again. basically same as the LX bac in 03/04. other than that its still the same old single cam ya cant balance cam lean etc. long stg. w lots of stretch.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
have a torqueless on my monster 7- love it!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have one on both my monster and switchback. Very close to the shape of my shrewd grip on my prestige. Makes going from bow to bow easier.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts