Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any feedback on the new Block 4x4 target? I need a good broadhead target that will withstand the destruction of the Slick Tricks :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've been shooting wasp 4blades into mine for a couple weeks now and it seems to be holding up much better than the previous models. You also don't get all the foam shavings all over the place. overall I would say its worth the money.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but, are the Blocks really worth the $$$ ? I was at Cabelas this past weekend and they were selling the 4x4 for $135. :mg:

Are they really worth it?

David

·
Registered
222 Posts
yoda4x4 said:
Not to hijack this thread but, are the Blocks really worth the $$$ ? I was at Cabelas this past weekend and they were selling the 4x4 for $135. :mg:

Are they really worth it?

David
Yes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hoyt10pt said:
I hope they are much better than the original block. It lasted a very short period of time.
I use the small Block and also have the huge range 4x4 Blocks and they can take thousands of shots before having to replace them using field points. If your shooting broadheads then no they dont last very long. For BH's I use the Morrell Yellow Jacket and Humungo target.

·
Registered
676 Posts
i have a block target and a yellow jacket. for broadheads, the yellow jacket wins hands down and is ALOT less expensive. the eternity target is also better for field points but for single, all around target, the block 4x4 is a good product but i think it is a bit over priced

·
Registered
508 Posts
elkhntr1 said:
I use the small Block and also have the huge range 4x4 Blocks and they can take thousands of shots before having to replace them using field points. If your shooting broadheads then no they dont last very long. For BH's I use the Morrell Yellow Jacket and Humungo target.
What he said.

If you shoot alot of broadheads into it, It won't last long. and i would'nt shoot the same spot over and over or it will blow out, i shoot one arrow at each circle not all at one hole and it's holding up good.
If i was going to shoot alot of broadheads i would just buy the morrel yellow jacket.

I'm not knocking the 4x4 target because i really like it, but if i could do it over i would buy the morrell YJ broadhead target and the YJ field point target. You can get both for about the price of one 4x4.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Someone said they have to push their Slick Tricks trough the back of the target, unscrew them, pull the arrow, and screw them back on.

You have to be kidding me right? What a PITA that would be...

Anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Muddy Z said:
Someone said they have to push their Slick Tricks trough the back of the target, unscrew them, pull the arrow, and screw them back on.

You have to be kidding me right? What a PITA that would be...

Anyone else have this experience?
on the older block target i did have this problem, both with montecs and slicktricks. haven't had to on the new one, but i shoot my broadheads into it only when i'm checking if broadheads and field points are grouping close.

·
DefiantShooter
10,948 Posts
4x4

Shooting it quite a bit this year and no problems.........I don't shoot my BH's all the time though, no need to.........

·
Vendor
219 Posts
Best Broadhead Target

For a broadhead target that is worth the money, works great and holds up to its claims try a Compound King. Cabelas is selling it under their brand name for 34.95.
You won't be disappointed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts