Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I've not used them in the past but just bought a set of Summits. I don't carry a lot of gear, but I do have a hard time keeping drinks, snacks, and calls easily accessable. I want to be able to get to them with minimal movement. The way they hang off the arm rest, they should be very easy to slide a hand into.

I Attached the bags to my API stand and they seem to hang well and should work out better than what I've done in the past. My only concern is that they might flop around a lot when I'm carying the stand. If they do, I'll just secure them with a strap or piece of rope.

·
Registered
760 Posts
They do flap, but the accessibility is worth it. I have figured out how to tie my stands up for a silent carry, you will have to do the same. For all day sits, when I carry a backpack, I just throw them in too and put them on when I climb up.

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
I had two side-bags on my Summit Bushmaster; very nice for keeping things handily within easy reach and minimizing movement. I could fit alot of stuff in there; secured them with a bungee while packing to maintain silence.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
They work great, and it's nice to keep things like my bowrope.....safety harness rope, rangefinder handy.... and it's easy to keep em from flopping using a bungee.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I have 2.

My Summit Viper has 2 on it now. I keep alot of stuff in there. I think I had better start bungeeing mine down too for the walk in. I don't see as many deer as you guys seem to do and I need to work every little edge.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just bought mine a couple weeks ago as my fanny pack was always too full. Thanks for the bungee idea... it just got stolen.

:darkbeer:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Side bags

Yes, they are very handy, But secure them with bungee cord.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I need some of those for my viper, does summitt sell them on their website or can you get them through a dealer.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I didnt like the summit ones for my Summit Bushmaster because they swing and bang around. I bought two small camo storage bags from Wal-Mart and actually zipped tied the bags to the side of the climber/seat. They work great and dont move around at all.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Dave2 said:
I need some of those for my viper, does summitt sell them on their website or can you get them through a dealer.

I bought mine from Rocky Mtn. Archery, cheapest price I could find.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got two on my Summit Viper and they come in very handy. I can usually get away with keeping them only partially zipped once I get set up so I can access things a little easier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts