Archery Talk Forum banner

Anyone using the sure loc Pheonix?

316 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  CHPro
How are these holding up? I have been thinking about one for a bow I'm getting ready to order. I like the adj. I have checked them out at a couple booths at asa shoots. They seem sweet. With no lock knob, I just wonder if they ever move?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12,599 Posts
I was thinking about one for Field this year. Haven't made the move yet though.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
I was thinking about one for Field this year.
The Phoenix looks like a really nice sight, checked one out at the ATA Show. However, there would be an awful lot of twisting going on to move from a birdie target, to an 80yd walk-up and then back up to a 15yd or 20yd. Plus no clicks on the elevation adjustment. When I'm shooting more than 1 arrow at a station, i.e. like field, and find myself off just a little on the elevation, I'm more confident just adding/subtracting a couple clicks from the sight adjustment. With the Phoenix you're going to have to be able to dial in the adjustments in miniscule ge marks (probably for each yard) and then be able to dial it in via miniscule turns on the elevation knob.

For field, personally I'm still sticking with a Supreme and the quick adjust elevation and the elevation clicks :).

>>------>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.