Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didja ever have one of those days? I practiced for about 2 hours yesterday and shot great. I was stacking arrows on arrows out to 50 yards. I felt supremely confident going to a 3d shoot today . . . and couldn't hit jack _____. I shot, I think, the worst score I have ever carded.

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, it didn't help that all of nature conspired against me. On my next to the last target some kind of serious bug bit me on the ear lobe while I was at full draw. My left ear looks like I have cauliflower ear. :(

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
At least you got to shoot! Now shake it off and get back out there. I'm at work all weekend and my bow is in a wharehouse in between here and Crackers! Why don't UPS move stuff 24 hours!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
i shot pretty shabby today also, no big deal though. my yardage judging was horrific, must have been something in the air, or maybe the water i drank before i went to the shoot?? :confused:

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
About the bug...

Since you can't be too far away, I am curious about the bug, and the damage it did. Might need to wear a helmet to shoot 3D in Berks, LOL.

I know in my case, the best bow in the world is no guarantee against what goes on between my ears. I shot a mini 3D shoot on Tuesday (15 targets) and shot the worst I have in over a year. Almost sold the bow, but yesterday morning, it was good enough to let it stay for another week of "testing." I also have days where I ask myself why I'm putting so much time and thought into what seems to be a form of torture. Well, at least I don't play golf. :eek:

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Mr. October said:
BTW, it didn't help that all of nature conspired against me. On my next to the last target some kind of serious bug bit me on the ear lobe while I was at full draw. My left ear looks like I have cauliflower ear. :(
Sure, now you tell me about the bug, and just yesterday I drove through Reading with my windows rolled down. lol
Hope it is nothing serious.

Ted

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Now do you see why we want to have a rangefinder class????? Any complaining after a rangefinder competition will be over shooting the range to the tree next to the target accidentally or something like that. Can`t blame it on wrong yardage! :wink:

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
:wink: :wink: What did you eat for breakfast before shooting?

When I have days like that (nearly all the time, now) it is because I eat a huge bowl of DUMB S**T for breakfast, and wake up with a gross case of cranius rectus maximus...

field14 :wink: :wink:

·
32,872 Posts
Doesn't matter what you do, golf, tennis or tiddly-winks, you have good and bad days. When things go bad you have to just struggle along and try to make the best of it. One thing about it, shooting a bow is better than most things I can think of doing. I just love to shoot these new bows and just doing that, goes far beyond all the negatives in our lives. Love every moment with a bow in your hand cause time and age will take it slowly away.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
LOL, That must be what my wife is feeding me!

field14 said:
:wink: :wink: What did you eat for breakfast before shooting?

When I have days like that (nearly all the time, now) it is because I eat a huge bowl of DUMB S**T for breakfast, and wake up with a gross case of cranius rectus maximus...

field14 :wink: :wink:

·
Banned
7,817 Posts

Yes I had a day like that today...I had a new string put on by fellow AT member jjambow (very nice indeed) and did not replace the small kisser button that I had on my previous setup...so....on flat ground I could consistently anchor but when confronted with a world prep shoot at the local club I was gettin' ready to tree tune the bow, a Parker EZ Draw...... early on...

Went from nailin'em to flailin'em

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
:beer: String 'em and fling 'em

At least, so far, you've made it through the round with your quiver still on your belt, a STRAIGHT stabilizer, and a bow that isn't dinged up with GRAVEL TUNING MARKS".....or Truck Tire prints....

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

field14

·
Registered
11,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
field14 said:
:beer: String 'em and fling 'em

At least, so far, you've made it through the round with your quiver still on your belt, a STRAIGHT stabilizer, and a bow that isn't dinged up with GRAVEL TUNING MARKS".....or Truck Tire prints....

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

field14
I almost bark tuned my forehead a couple times. :smile:

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'm sure I'll bounce back next week. The ear is starting to get smaller and itch less too!

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Hakuna Matata

Mr. October said:
Didja ever have one of those days? I practiced for about 2 hours yesterday and shot great. I was stacking arrows on arrows out to 50 yards. I felt supremely confident going to a 3d shoot today . . . and couldn't hit jack _____. I shot, I think, the worst score I have ever carded.
We have all had those days and they are no fun. BUT, they are more fun than work! I am working 21 days straight so I'm out for awhile.
But that is okay. I am turning lemons into lemonaide and practicing GRIV's 10 yard game in my basement every evening. Target panic? What's that? :D

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
During our clubs joad practices ,Ill grab my bow and start shooting with the advanced kids on our joad team. Shooting a 70 meters. All of us will be shooting rather well , then one of the parents will say ,"everyone in for a buck", Now instead of walking up to the line and just shooting your shot , you are forceing yourself to shoot or try to shoot a better shot.
Just like in practice , you can go out there and shoot , totally relaxed, and "shoot YOUR shot with YOUR form intacked.
Then come tournament day , You dont shoot the same shot , you changing you stance , you change your shot sequence , you try to improve your shot.

I am still try to stop this myself . I have gottin to the point that it takes me one end to calm down and shoot the form i practice with everyday , instead of three ends.

just some thoughts , and my personal expeirence

short

·
Registered
4 Posts
Between the bad days of shooting and the work days (Months) with no shooting I reflect how sweet the good days are when the target is way out there but we shoot like it is at 20 yards. For all the "off" days I'll stick around just for the few "really on" days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.